Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Global Posts
    2,574 Global Posts
    Thanked by:
    v10type-r and Gergolos like this.

nice.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,375 Global Posts
    They've been running just a ton of ads for the Surface. I see them every night on TV no matter what show I am watching.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Agreed, I watched the blatantly obvious one on Sherlock Holmes and then another one on Suburgatory.. I got a good chuckle from them
    Klevis likes this.

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

Global Posts
    2,574 Global Posts
    It is really important that these retailers understand they need to update the devices as soon as they unbox them. This is what has made me leery of retailers
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Pretty good news for all the believers in Surface potential.

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
    It is really important that these retailers understand they need to update the devices as soon as they unbox them. This is what has made me leery of retailers
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    Yes. Not only that, make sure the display is nice and the unit is working. It's nice that Staples doesn't sell the iPad because they won't automatically walk people over the the iPads like they do in Best Buy.

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    It just sucks that the surface is handicapped and so expensive. It should have been $350 or $400 with the keyboard. They basically priced themselves out of the tablet war.

Global Posts
    2,574 Global Posts
    provide SPECIFIC examples. Expensive? It is the SAME price as the iPad and does MORE.
    Last edited by Laura Knotek; 12-11-2012 at 10:09 PM.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeynox View Post
    It just sucks that the surface is handicapped and so expensive. It should have been $350 or $400 with the keyboard. They basically priced themselves out of the tablet war.
    Give me a break dude. I'm guessing you don't even have one, nor have you even touched one. It's common for the likes of you to read biased articles on the Surface RT and draw conclusions based on that.

What I'm trying to say in a nice way is you have so clue what you are talking about. Now go away. Actually wait, I'd like to hear why you think the SRT is "handicapped". Can you muster up another ignorant post, or do you actually have anything credible to say?

Sorry if this come across a little harsh, but I'm so tired of members who have no idea what they are talking about, come here and make comments on the SRT.

Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    Yes. Not only that, make sure the display is nice and the unit is working. It's nice that Staples doesn't sell the iPad because they won't automatically walk people over the the iPads like they do in Best Buy.
    Staples Canada sells ipads here.. so that's a no go but I think people will still be interested in Surface. I hear a lot of people who have seen the adds

Global Posts
    2,574 Global Posts
    must be a staples Canada thing, they are not present here

Global Posts
    1,002 Global Posts
    The biggest concern I have about Staples is that the two in Scottsdale that carry the Samsung Ativ tablets both have broken ones on display. It is not an anti Microsoft bias in this case though, half the Kindles and most of the other random Android tablets are also usually non functional.

Global Posts
    1,002 Global Posts
    I expect another who may chime in soon is Verizon. When I picked up a Nokia 822 last week, the sales rep suggested the Surface on display was intended to generate some buzz and that the store was expecting it would be selling them relatively soon. Given Verizon's 12 month installment plan for all tablets that just started, that could open options for some.

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts

Global Posts
    2,574 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen_az View Post
    The biggest concern I have about Staples is that the two in Scottsdale that carry the Samsung Ativ tablets both have broken ones on display. It is not an anti Microsoft bias in this case though, half the Kindles and most of the other random Android tablets are also usually non functional.
    yep, that's the fear, they will be turned off, dead battery, not updated, etc etc. I guess just like my exploits with the ****bag att stores here I will report them to microsoft if they don't put on a good show for the tablet.

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts
    yep, that's the fear, they will be turned off, dead battery, not updated, etc etc. I guess just like my exploits with the ****bag att stores here I will report them to microsoft if they don't put on a good show for the tablet.
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen_az View Post
    My local Staples does a a good job of displaying tablets, but only half are working at a time. They are placed on the end caps so they are visible when you walk into the store at least. I was in there Saturday and none of the tablets were on, so I powered all of them up. I guess I'll have to go in and maintain the Surface on a weekly basis too for them.
    provide SPECIFIC examples or troll elsewhere. Expensive? It is the SAME price as the iPad and does MORE.
    And comes with Office to boot.

Global Posts
    2,574 Global Posts
    For at least the cities where they are, Microsoft can send its retail employees in for random checks.

This is great news, let's hope Microsoft hits a home run with the Surface!
    Check out my youtube video reviews of games and apps for Windows RT @ WindowsRTReview
    Check out my Blog Windows RT Review
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    I'm definitely interested. I tried out the Samsung Ativ and the Surface and they are very cool. For right now I'm going to stick with my trusty $250 Nexus 7, but I look forward to replacing it with an RT tablet once the platform matures a little, there are more apps and some smaller, lighter, cheaper devices. I would love to see a Nexus 7 clone running RT. Are you listening Asus? :)

Global Posts
    2,574 Global Posts
    What do you mean by mature? Its windows!

anyone know if they are going to be selling type covers and touch covers as well? I assume but I really want the type cover as an addition to my touch cover.

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    Give me a break dude. I'm guessing you don't even have one, nor have you even touched one. It's common for the likes of you to read biased articles on the Surface RT and draw conclusions based on that.

What I'm trying to say in a nice way is you have so clue what you are talking about. Now go away. Actually wait, I'd like to hear why you think the SRT is "handicapped". Can you muster up another ignorant post, or do you actually have anything credible to say?

Sorry if this come across a little harsh, but I'm so tired of members who have no idea what they are talking about, come here and make comments on the SRT.
    I don't, I was planning on purchasing one because I have win 8 at home and l920 but the surface is handicapped. I've read every review and have been to the ms store in Manhattan to play with one. Its underpowered and expensive for what it is especially compared to the nexus. Microsoft should have put a clovertrail in it. Also the reason ms didn't make it cheaper was to coddle the OEMs, Acer,dell,Asus etc. If the surface was $350 or $400 with the touch keyboard its a perfect sell even with its limited market.
    the look and feel of the of the device is perfect but because its meant to challenge the iPad and its type of software it need to be priced lower. Also Ms including office was a nice touch but having the desktop built in to use 2/3 applications is useless.
    its not a terrible device just one that wasn't implemented to its fullest. If you have one and think its great than that's wonderful, i have my opinion about it based on countless reviews and articles. If i wasn't on the 6 train I'd type a little more , gonna be entering a subway tunnel so this is gonna be short
    Last edited by joeynox; 12-12-2012 at 07:36 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast