Lenovo ThinkVision LT1421 14" Widescreen LED Monitor - Supported on Surface???

TheAccuser

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I was trying to find an external display that I could keep in my messenger bag and always have the ability to go dual display. This doesn't fit all of my requirements, but it might suffice. I was hoping for the following in an external/portable display:

- 13" - 15"
- HDMI / Mini-HDMI
- Built in kickstand

The LT1421 is USB only, so I'm not even sure if it's going to work on the Surface. This also prevents it from properly displaying multimedia, which is not a concern for me. I would be using this for Office, Remote Desktop, TeamViewer, etc.

Has anyone tried this with Surface? I'd like to hear from someone that it works before ordering, but not the end of the world...I can always return it.

Link to product: Amazon.com: Lenovo ThinkVision LT1421 14" Widescreen LED Monitor: Computers & Accessories

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
should work if it is HDMI and does a standard HD resolution. but if it is new and USB only it may not be supported. that is not to say it wont be supported in the future.

TheAccuser

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
should work if it is HDMI and does a standard HD resolution. but if it is new and USB only it may not be supported. that is not to say it wont be supported in the future.

No, this is not HDMI...it's USB only. I was hoping someone else has already tried a USB display before I purchased.

Last edited:

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
right now the best place for verifying compatibility is that site Microsoft has established, but even it is wrong on some things.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes