- 12-12-2012, 10:42 PM #1
My first surface broke (internally), so they gave me a new one. I upgraded to the 64GB one. So everything transferred smoothly (love the cloud). I noticed it wasn't the newest software, and the 2013 office preview was on it, so I updated, thinking it would upgrade me to the final edition. So I updated EVERYTHING till it said Up-To-Date. Then I went to Word 2013, and it still says Word 2013 Preview!!!! I tried all of the Office RT Suite, exact same. I'm disappointed. What do I do?
12-12-2012, 10:45 PM #2
- 55 Posts
Where did you update from, the Metro based update or the Control Panel based one in desktop mode? Try both, IIRC you had to do it through the desktop based control panel...
- 12-12-2012, 10:47 PM #3
12-12-2012, 10:54 PM #5
- 55 Posts
It's not stupid on you at all, Microsoft made that rather confusing and some people might never even know how to update it if they turn off autoupdates... Bad design decision IMO.
- 12-13-2012, 06:47 AM #8
Mine only updated Tuesday before all the recent patches came through. Even though i had been checking for updates every few days they were suddenly there and needed updating before the other patches would show up.
- 12-13-2012, 11:27 AM #10
Go to the Desktop. Then tap/click on the flag on the taskbar (which corresponds to Action Center). Open the actual Action Center window. Lower left corner will show "See Also - Windows Update". Check for updates from there.
Last edited by justop26; 12-13-2012 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Spelling
- By cdrichet in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 10Last Post: 11-22-2012, 08:01 PM
- By hsalps in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 9Last Post: 11-20-2012, 03:03 AM
- By Rong Zhou in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 4Last Post: 11-18-2012, 11:33 PM
- By noodlebomb in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 11Last Post: 11-07-2012, 12:30 PM
- By bobosaur1 in forum Nokia Lumia 900Replies: 0Last Post: 04-17-2012, 04:10 PM