Adobe Photoshop for Windows 8 RT?

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
Is it too much to hope for? A Windows 8 RT version of Photoshop? Kinda like what you can get for the iPad?

Then add Eye-Fi support for the Surface and you have a handy little photo studio for the road.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Im hoping Autodesk get involved in some packages for RT saw a demo of an autodesk sketch program watching the //build/ conference but not heard a peep since.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
the Sketch app is out. I havent installed it on my Surface but it is on my PC. It will spur Adobe to make something for Windows 8 Store.

johnbash612

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I think adobe would create something. They just created the PDF reader, then they surely would have, possibly a lighter version though, of a touch optimized photoshop. Also, since the surface supports flash and microsoft and adobe are in good talking terms, unlike apple, I can see this happening sooner rather than later.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I expect there will almost certainly be a version of PS Touch for Windows RT since Adobe owes much of its ongoing existence to Microsoft and (like IOS) there are defined hardware standards for devices running RT. The companies are probably not on the best of terms at the moment, however, simply because Microsoft has pushed the envelope pretty far in terms of incorporating pdf write, edit, and read functions into Office 2013. It is also more involved than it might seem as evidenced by Adobe's struggles to get its touch apps working well in IOS and Android. It would be nice to see something soon, but my bet is that it would be no sooner than the end of the first quarter of 2013. That also gives more time to develop a user base to justify the app development. BTW, if they only port over the embarrassing and borderline useless touch app (or apps) from Android though, I wouldn't even bother.

Hiran Perera

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
i'm less concerned about a photoshop for RT vs having lightroom. Lightroom is already an extremely light weight program. i think the biggest thing would be making it touch friendly. not having lightroom on a tablet is basically the sole purpose that I can't buy a tablet. for personal travel it would be awesome to carry a tablet with lightroom in order to transfer photos, edit, and upload. in lightroom.

Leahtt

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi, Adobe Photoshop Touch for Surface RT is a big one for me as I use it a lot on my iPad. I will purchase a Surface RT if the Adobe app becomes available.

Leahtt

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Inteller
PhotoShop express is already out
You cannot compare Express with Photoshop Touch at the moment.
I don't think Express does resizing showing pixels or show meta data.
There are other great features with Touch which I use on the iPad.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
What about installing the actual Photoshop software on a SurfacePro 64GB, or even better, the 128GB. Real computers in tablet form.

Last edited:

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
What about installing the actual Photoshop software on a SurfacePro 64GB, or even better, the 128GB. Real computers.

Surface Pro runs Photoshop, AutoCAD, etc. Its a real PC, all old / new windows software will run on it. That being said, it doesn't have a dedicated gpu, and will struggle with graphics intense (3d) stuff.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
i'm less concerned about a photoshop for RT vs having lightroom. Lightroom is already an extremely light weight program. i think the biggest thing would be making it touch friendly. not having lightroom on a tablet is basically the sole purpose that I can't buy a tablet. for personal travel it would be awesome to carry a tablet with lightroom in order to transfer photos, edit, and upload. in lightroom.

Not to digress but what is the main difference between Lightroom and Photoshop?

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Surface Pro runs Photoshop, AutoCAD, etc. Its a real PC, all old / new windows software will run on it. That being said, it doesn't have a dedicated gpu, and will struggle with graphics intense (3d) stuff.

The dedicated gpu comment, is irrelevant and distracting in a discussion comparing the "capabilities" of the iPad (low powered device for simple games and apps) and it's apps compared to the real, full powered, capable SurfacePro computer and the full blown software that runs on Windows 8 OS. Take the SurfacePro tablet with you, with PhotoShop software and you'll be able to accomplish much more, than with the apps on the entertainment devices.
Yes, a super powered desktop computer with a dedicated and powerful gpu, would be better, because it would be even more capable. But, the point is, SurfacePro computer (tablet computer) is more capable / does more, than the iPad (entertainment) device.

Last edited:

Leahtt

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Why are we discussing the Pro when we should be on RT And Photoshop or photo Apps?
I would like to know, as does Garak0414 about Lightroom, what is the difference between it and Photoshop?
Are there likely to be RT versions of good photo Apps?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss