best Epub reader?

hingerson

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
So does anyone know the best one for surface? I wish Microsoft made an app. The one I tried from the app store was pretty pathetic.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
I use Freda right now, but font rendering in it is pretty bad. It's just that the rest of the alternatives either don't load all of my books, or look or work even worse than Freda.

neova333

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I use OverDrive Media Console. It has the best font rendering by far, but it doesn't have much in the way of options or features.

docfreed

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Actually, the lack of an epub reader is keeping me from purchasing the RT. Can anyone say if it would be possible to do either of the following:

1. View an epub in Microsoft Word (maybe with a plugin)
2. Convert an epub (perhaps with Calibre) into a word-readable document (and hopefully preserve most of the formatting)

vertigoOne

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Just echoing what everyone else here is saying, but Freda is currently the only one that I can use because it supports hyperlinks where others do not. I prefer Book HD and Caesura for their rendering and some other unique features and interface, but I have to have hyperlinks. Book HD is probably the best otherwise IMO.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Actually, the lack of an epub reader is keeping me from purchasing the RT. Can anyone say if it would be possible to do either of the following:

1. View an epub in Microsoft Word (maybe with a plugin)
2. Convert an epub (perhaps with Calibre) into a word-readable document (and hopefully preserve most of the formatting)

uh dude, we are listing apps that do epub. You have no excuse not to get a Surface now.

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
wow after trying those apps they leave much to be desired... that's really disappointing. hope Microsoft steps up and gives us one.

I'm with you! I need a good epub reader that works better! Basically I need ibooks but I will not be going that route I can't see for probably ever again so looks like I will just have to wait for a good epub reader or updates.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Freda is the best and actively being developed so more functionality and compatibility will come fairy quickly. The dev even outlined a rough schedule of when certain features/items would be fixed/added over the next year.

Loxias

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
What?!? You don't need a kindle device to have a kindle account. Smh. Where do you people get your tech advice?

Am I the only one that reads almost all your comments as rude?

No, you don't need a kindle device to have a kindle account. But you need a kindle device to get a send to kindle email account which is what we're discussing. Maybe you should not make comments if you don't know what you're talking about? SMH

neova333

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site

No, you don't need a kindle device to have a kindle account. But you need a kindle device to get a send to kindle email account which is what we're discussing. Maybe you should not make comments if you don't know what you're talking about? SMH

I have a send to kindle email and I've never bought a kindle device, I've only dl'd the app before on an android device.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

no, actually this thread is discussing what is the best epub app to use, hence the thread title 'best epub reader?'. Then to further defeat your line of thinking, look at the response below yours.

Loxias

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I have a send to kindle email and I've never bought a kindle device, I've only dl'd the app before on an android device.

Consider yourself lucky then. No where on my account does it list the kindle email and using the Send to app on the PC asks me to register a device. Everything I've read in researching this since I got my WP device has shown I would be elated to be wrong about this so if you can tell me how to find and or get one I'll by you a beer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)