The I got a Surface RT Thread

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I guess we should have one of these threads. Mostly because I just got me one. Actually I got 2 one for me a 32 gb bundle with black touch cover for me. I also got a 32 gb for my wife she got the pink touch cover. I am excited!

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I got the 32gb bundle with black touch on launch day. Wanted to get the one without the cover and get the cyan seperately but they were out by the time I got to the counter. But my wife did get me the case with the cyan for a Christmas present. But it's under the tree for now.

Been having a blast with it. Bring it up to the sports bar to keep an eye on my fantasy team. While there friend stop by to look at it and I take a picture with my 920, shoot it up to the skydrive, then show them. My wife has an arrive that my skydrive is shared on. So we even show them that the picture I just took is on her phone as well.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Got one. Was so burning to get one that I had order one from Germany to Finland, cos they don't sell it officially around here yet.

There's very little I would change about it, except like.. having certain RT version software. I just hope that even years to here, the form factor is still in use. It is simply genious.

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I have a 64GB one for myself. The wife was all set to get another IPad but now she wants my surface. She works with a lot of excel files so the surface was a better fit. My brother in law was saying how the IPad is so much better,that was until I plugged a micro HDMI cable in and started showing photos and video on TV from the surface. He was also not aware there was a micro SD card slot and USB port. I then preceded to show him my photos I had backed up on a 16GB USB stick. His view on the IPad has now changed.

Michael-Dallas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I guess we should have one of these threads. Mostly because I just got me one. Actually I got 2 one for me a 32 gb bundle with black touch cover for me. I also got a 32 gb for my wife she got the pink touch cover. I am excited!

Welcome to the club, Dave-O! As you already know, I got mine last Sunday when Best Buy started selling them. Thank you reward zone points!

rudranil

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
My wife has an arrive that my skydrive is shared on. So we even show them that the picture I just took is on her phone as well.

Glad that you are enjoying your Surface. I am holding up for the Pro. One question: how do you share your Skydrive with your wife? Is she using your Microsoft ID?

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Glad that you are enjoying your Surface. I am holding up for the Pro. One question: how do you share your Skydrive with your wife? Is she using your Microsoft ID?

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

She has her own Hotmail account. I just share the folder with her. Then when she opens SkyDrive on her phone or computer, she goes to shared and there the folders are. Also have our son and her sister sharing folder with pictures. So convenient for all,

rudranil

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
She has her own Hotmail account. I just share the folder with her. Then when she opens SkyDrive on her phone or computer, she goes to shared and there the folders are. Also have our son and her sister sharing folder with pictures. So convenient for all,

Thanks for the info. I have set up our SkyDrive accounts similarly now. Very convenient indeed.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Well my wife received her 64GB surface today she is over the moon. She is so glad I made here hold of on getting another IPad.
Sure wish you could pick you touch cover colour though. ��

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I got my 64GB Surface RT several weeks ago and love it. I can say that my ASUS Transformer Infinity has taken a back seat to it. Now if only Dish Network would get off their backside and come out with a Dish app for the Windows ecosystem, so that I can access my TV everywhere setup. At that point, ASUS Transformer Infinity will not only take a back seat, but probably be never touched again.

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

DUH! How did I never think of this? I'm always trying to figure out how to have more than one Skydrive account on my devices as my personal one is for business use but my wifes account houses all our photos!

Seriously, HOW THE **** did I not think of just sharing the photos folder to me - I feel like a total idiot!

justreason

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Congratulations to all the new Surface RT owners! I just love this device :)

I totally agree with the above poster.. I got mine today from staples and I love it.. I'm actually typing this reply from it.. can't put it down but I have to calibrate the battery.. will post a thread with my review in a week..

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I got mine on release day. I love it and use it everyday. Everyone I have ever shown it to has been very impressed and love it as well (though none have actually gotten one, though some are waiting for the pro).

Side note: I would love to see a statistic (if possible) about how many people view wpcentral on average on a surface tablet.

eldeenmaan

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
i just got mine a couple days ago...typing this post off of it right now actually. I love it. I have an xps 13 ultrabook running windows 8 already but it isn't touchscreen, I haven't touched my laptop since I got this. definitely going to trade this in for a pro once that comes out and possibly get rid of my ultrabook altogether. there are a few things that annoy me but that's only because i'm trying to look at this like it's a laptop and not a tablet....hence why i'm looking forward to the pro. my only gripe is the headache of trying to stream shows/movies online with flash player on internet explorer. i'd have downloaded chrome or firefox gladly but neither of those are supported.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
For me I think the Surface Pro might not even really be an upgrade. Mostly the lower battery life. Also I suppose it'll heat up more and might even make some noise (or is it a fanles design?). Sure, there are times when I could use to run some legacy apps, but generally speaking I've managed very well with the RT and doubt it would be an upgrade for me, seeing the extra weight, price and lower battery life.

nokialove

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
i just got mine a couple days ago...typing this post off of it right now actually. I love it. I have an xps 13 ultrabook running windows 8 already but it isn't touchscreen, I haven't touched my laptop since I got this. definitely going to trade this in for a pro once that comes out and possibly get rid of my ultrabook altogether. there are a few things that annoy me but that's only because i'm trying to look at this like it's a laptop and not a tablet....hence why i'm looking forward to the pro. my only gripe is the headache of trying to stream shows/movies online with flash player on internet explorer. i'd have downloaded chrome or firefox gladly but neither of those are supported.

There is a way to enable flash on any website you would like: [HACK] Flash on Any Website in IE10 Metro Browser [WIN 8 & WIN RT] - xda-developers

eldeenmaan

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
yeah I saw that haven't given it a go though. probably will slowly start to put in my sites over time. still it seems excessive to me lol. thanks for the link though!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077