Movie playback

Visspui

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

I know the video topic has been talked about a bit, but I haven't seen anything the exact same.

I have a bunch of avi files, just got the paid version of mobile HD, but every video is choppy....wondering if maybe my surface is acting up? I haven't installed more than 5 apps, and Its only a few days old, all windows updates installed

Thanks

Visspui

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Length 2 hours
Frame width 640x 272
Data rate 646
Bitrate 646

I know this is a totally different device, just sucks that it plays fine on something like the galaxy tab 2 7'

Plays laggy in both programs, and every other movie I have with similar size is the same thing

Beyond Fire

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I think it's a problem with the app itself. Mine does not even play AVI files even with its most recent update and still only a handful of MKV files will play. I think it just needs some update fixes.

johninsj

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Length 2 hours
Frame width 640x 272
Data rate 646
Bitrate 646

I know this is a totally different device, just sucks that it plays fine on something like the galaxy tab 2 7'

Plays laggy in both programs, and every other movie I have with similar size is the same thing

Yeah that should play fine (I still have no idea what codec it is) that's barely SD quality :) Are you streaming it to the surface or is it playing off local storage?

Visspui

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
First from the micro sd card, then right from the surface. The quality isn't that great even, so I think there must be something going on with it.

Any ideas?

johninsj

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
First from the micro sd card, then right from the surface. The quality isn't that great even, so I think there must be something going on with it.
None, really. Funky codec that's poorly supported would be my guess, I sure play *much* larger frame size/higher bitrate encoded mp4s without issue.

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
either an app or file problem. Nothing should prevent smooth playback of that size file on a surface. Do you have any other files to test? How about a different format. Encode that video as a wmv and see if you have any issues.

newfiend

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
What format are your movies in? .wtv,.m4v, .mkv, avi?
I have had good luck using handbrake and converting some files in .mkv to .m4v using the iPad profile in handbrake. I then copied the file over to my surface via Wi-Fi ad it plays splendid. For .mkv I use the mobile HD app. The latest version now supports DTS audio and I have been able to stream them off my WHS machine wirelessly just fine as well.
newfiend~

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Mobile HD app has played every file I have thrown at it even ones as big 7-10 GB and there has been no stuttering. A low res AVI should be no problem, do you get the same result in Videos app as that should be able to play avi files as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss