What are the best apps (Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Browser etc.) ?

willybraatlund

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
So I've just recently got a Surface. And I start too see the lack of official apps, but what are the best alternatives for "the-most-used" apps. I mean for facebook, twitter, youtube, instagram etc. and what is the best browser available?

You have a lot of alternatives, like:
Youtube
- Youtube RT
- Prime Tube
- Youtube +
- Youtube Player

Instagram
- Milligram
- Tabstagram
- Piktr
- Instametrogram
- Metrogram
Facebook
- Facebook Pro
- Facebook friends
- Feed for facebook
- Facebook Touch

Twitter
- Metrotwit
- Rowi
- tMetro

Browser
- Is the Mozilla one out?
- Chrome?

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
In my opinion.
Youtube: Primetube (until Metrotube comes out)
Facebook: FB Touch
Twitter: Metrotwit
Instagram: Metrogram
Browser: IE but if you don't like it for "flash" limitations well Chrome is better

willybraatlund

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, I tried some of the instagram and youtube apps, and I have to say i really liked Youtube + and Instawin. I'll check out the other apps you wrote!

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Don't bet on seeing a Firefox or Chrome browser anytime soon given Google/Mozilla's litigation and/or threatened litigation. Google wanted access to the Windows RT desktop and Microsoft has made it clear that 1) any version of Chrome or Firefox would be Metro/Modern and 2) they will not give anyone access to the desktop. Google and Firefox have since disavowed interest in developing for RT and have claimed it will be a failure. Personally I have always thought Google really wanted access to the desktop so that they could steal more of the ARM OS code or override OS security locks. In a rare example of me agreeing with Apple, I do think intellectual theft and data harvesting (and then convincing people their privacy rights are irrelevant) are the only things Google does well. Mozilla is a Google puppet since it is Google money that keeps them afloat, so whatever Google wants, they will probably continue to support....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720