Screen Capture Software - Something like Fraps?

I Spiritus I

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Hello Guys,

I was looking for something similar to Fraps that would run on the Surface RT. Does anyone know if anything like that is available?

I do quite a lot of videos for Youtube and quite fancy adding some game footage to my channel.

Cheers,

S.

kevin2577

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
The nature of Windows RT makes software like that quite difficult, as apps can only run sanboxed as they do on Windows Phone and iOS devices, I think API restrictions would prevent such an app from working.

I Spiritus I

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that mate.

I have a capture card on my PC and thought I could perhaps do it that way, however the screen resolution on the surface drops to 720p (I have a 1080p capable card) and will not let me run certain apps like Angry Birds etc :(.

A bit of a shame really! No idea of a work around lol.

I Spiritus I

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Another thought sorry, are there any apps out similar to Team Viewer that can be installed on the surface? I could always do a screen record of my Surface remote session?

I know there are a few remote apps out there but can't seem to find anything that will allow me to shadow the surface (Or have both logged on at the same time)

Thanks again!

I Spiritus I

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Edit... never mind I just found Team Viewer in the W Store. DOH! :evil:

EDIT 2: It allows me to remote into my PC from the Surface but not from my PC to the Surface :(.

Last edited:

I Spiritus I

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Thanks mate. It was more so for capturing video rather than just a screenshot.

I think I'll need to wait until TeamViewer allows me to remote into the surface from my PC before I can capture anything.

johninsj

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
There is always the low tech "point a video camera at it" approach. I don't know if the wee arm CPU could do high frame rate capture/encodes of the screen on the thing otherwise.

I Spiritus I

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Just a little update. I can somehow now pick up the Surface through my 1080p capture card as a duplicate monitor and record game footage. I did change the number of tiles to 4 rows on my surface. Not sure if this had anything to do with it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon