Why are tech review sites always leaning towards Apple products?

MSNY

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
And dissing the Surface RT and Asus products and such..sites like cnet.com, zdnet.com, pcworld.com and more. Does Apple fund these sites in return of good apple reviews or are they just that in love with Apple?

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
im going with these tech writers are mostly ******/fangirls that have unnecessary year 2000 hatred towards anything microsoft, who from a different perspective is writing these articles just to get page clicks since a lot of people now a days are trained to think hating on microsoft is a cool thing to do

being a bit unfair with that statement, but it seems to work on a lot of CNet writers quiet well

enjoylife949

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
With all the cash that Apple has saved up I would be willing to bet that they fund popular review sites in some way. Sometimes the bias is so blatant that I cannot think of another explanation.

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
They are not getting paid a dime from apple? Apple is too arrogant and uptight to pay... Apple has them where they want them though...

Apple is the juggernaut... People are (1) biased and feel like they are Ina special apple club and (2) afraid to say anything negative toward apple. Shoot, that might be a directive from the top.

Apple has so much mindshare and sheep out there that the media is afraid that if they say anything negative about apple, people will turn away.

Those same type of people are the journalist too. They almost feel like they are in the special apple club and every win for apple is a win for them and their pocket...

Apple has their mind share to the point they can't even do a job... Just be factual, yet they be personal aspects to the table and will not let them go. Every review out there are so blatantly biased and you see that the reviewer put no heart in it as all the things listed would not be if they had used it. They are all copy cat review of other negative publications... People see that with so many similar reviews, it must be true... No, it is not. They just have love for apple and a vendetta against Microsoft...

I am sick of the media... All realms not just tech. The media is for the dumb and ignorant now a days... they use buzz and look to draw the sheep in by the number... Look around. It is all a numbers game. Ethics and quality is not the priority, it is the numbers. Like with politics, if you are smart enough to research, try, and then form your own opinion then the media is not for you. They are nt for us. That is why we(I) see right through this muddy mess.

MSNY

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I totally agree with you jaime, i think having an Apple product now days means that you must know about technology and have alot of money,thats why you have that apple product..yet its the opposite. And yes the reviews are all the same, how can you review a product if you havent spent a day with?

StevesBalls

Banned
Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Haters...

Apple makes the best products in each class - notebooks, smartphones, tablets, mp3 players... You have to be absolutely ignorant to not recognize that. Want to prove me wrong? First look at the real world, then come back.

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
It depends on the website, writer and how they decide to put down and I don't think most are bias toward apple it may be within the testing parts that it excel in certain places.

Apple has been in the industry bit longer as well so there software is more developed (still with some bugs nothing perfect) but give it sometime and I bet all the reviewers will be given Microsoft score of 4.5 to 5 stars or 9 to 10. :angel:

This will take a while just to iron the bugs out, add new features and the marketplace will properly catch up with Android and iOS. :wink:

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
It depends on the website, writer and how they decide to put down and I don't think most are bias toward apple it may be within the testing parts that it excel in certain places.

Apple has been in the industry bit longer as well so there software is more developed (still with some bugs nothing perfect) but give it sometime and I bet all the reviewers will be given Microsoft score of 4.5 to 5 stars or 9 to 10. :angel:

This will take a while just to iron the bugs out, add new features and the marketplace will properly catch up with Android and iOS. :wink:

yeah this is part of what I was going to say. Apple's products to be fair are vey good and even the though the OS is very very simple it is very polished and they were the first ones to really popularize apps and make them easy for developers to look very good. I think that companies just have too much invested in Apple right now to just call it quits and this transfers over to the tech sites. Many huge businesses have built quality apps for the app store because so many people are on these devices, this is like android to. So they aren't just going to give the newbie a try until they see prove they can make some money, and thus they won't push Microsoft products until they see this happen.

this is just my take on it though. to me its so over done and everything is about apples ecosystem and not about the product at all. Every review I have seen on the surface or any other product for that matter gets lower ratings just because it doesn't have enough apps! It's absolute crap but that's what we have to live with for now until we start seeing more acceptance and people start using Surface and other windows 8 devices and realize that these products do 10X what apples can.

But I have noticed signs of changes here in Canada anyways which is nice. for instance global has advertised a lot on tv about their windows 8 app, where as before all you would constantly here was get it on your iphone or ipad in the app store.

and this article was a nice surprise as I though it was fair. the author seems to have warmed up to Surface over time. I know why to because its THE ONLY freakn' tablet that you can get some stuff actually accomplished!! The Best Tablets for Canadians (January 2013 edition) | MobileSyrup.com

MSNY

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Haters...

Apple makes the best products in each class - notebooks, smartphones, tablets, mp3 players... You have to be absolutely ignorant to not recognize that. Want to prove me wrong? First look at the real world, then come back.
Most of the real world uses MS, as in windows and Office. And wow why am i not surprised that you said 'Haters'?Nobody here said anything negative about Apple. See this is what jaime was tslking about, dare anyone speak about Apple's place in the market and people start protecting it.

MSNY

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
yeah this is part of what I was going to say. Apple's products to be fair are vey good and even the though the OS is very very simple it is very polished and they were the first ones to really popularize apps and make them easy for developers to look very good. I think that companies just have too much invested in Apple right now to just call it quits and this transfers over to the tech sites. Many huge businesses have built quality apps for the app store because so many people are on these devices, this is like android to. So they aren't just going to give the newbie a try until they see prove they can make some money, and thus they won't push Microsoft products until they see this happen.

this is just my take on it though. to me its so over done and everything is about apples ecosystem and not about the product at all. Every review I have seen on the surface or any other product for that matter gets lower ratings just because it doesn't have enough apps! It's absolute crap but that's what we have to live with for now until we start seeing more acceptance and people start using Surface and other windows 8 devices and realize that these products do 10X what apples can.

But I have noticed signs of changes here in Canada anyways which is nice. for instance global has advertised a lot on tv about their windows 8 app, where as before all you would constantly here was get it on your iphone or ipad in the app store.

and this article was a nice surprise as I though it was fair. the author seems to have warmed up to Surface over time. I know why to because its THE ONLY freakn' tablet that you can get some stuff actually accomplished!! The Best Tablets for Canadians (January 2013 edition) | MobileSyrup.com

Yes i am a college student and i think the Surface comes in great help to me and col.students in genersl because it can replace a laptop for our needs. But for employees working for a bigcorp., they probablyneed a full laptop and/or computer.

alaskanjackson

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
and yet..in each product category you list (not sure about MP3 players) Apple has nowhere near the worldwide marketshare of its major competitors. Apple has been a company that markets exceptionally well. It sells premium priced products and makes lots of money. Apple reinvents the MP3 player and then shifts investors focus to the Iphone. They start a new way to sell software, they call it an "app" and everyone is amazed and pay thru the nose for it. The yet to be seen apple TV will be hailed as a revolution. Yet superior and less expensive (a guess) products already exist (Xbox). The problem for Apple is they are constantly killing the product they just created. At some point folks will realize Apple is a consumer electronics company that is dependent on 1-3 products. They will be so big that innovation will sublimated to meet the needs of manufacturing and they will decline or be split up. I would change my opinion if Apple was making significant inroads with the Chinese government as Microsoft has with the Xbox and WP. Sorry for the off topic rant. Yes bias does exist, watch
CNBC and count the positive comments Apple receives vs any other company.

Deepest Peace.....

Last edited:

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes i am a college student and i think the Surface comes in great help to me and col.students in genersl because it can replace a laptop for our needs. But for employees working for a bigcorp., they probablyneed a full laptop and/or computer.

just to answer the big corp part, I work for a major corporation that makes a lot of things the tiny hint I can give is that 80% Canadian homes have our thermostat (I prefer not saying which company it is, but I think that is a big enough hint)

me and our regional network manager were just talking about this a couple days ago regarding Win8 testing, possible roll out date and the need for a tablet. ALOT of our people from the business side are requesting tablets that they can take around and at the moment the iPad has been made an exception to work on our corporate network, but they still have to lug their laptops around to use our corporate software. now the surface popped out, we can actually stop giving those exceptions and have a tablet that works like a laptop, adheres to our corporate security policies, works with all our corporate software (of course still need to verify with Win8's testing) and best of all, eliminates the need to get two things for our guys and maintain both of them

I think the corporate world will be changing in a very big way after two or three years (since most of the corporate take years to test out an OS...)

the real smackbo

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
And dissing the Surface RT and Asus products and such..sites like cnet.com, zdnet.com, pcworld.com and more. Does Apple fund these sites in return of good apple reviews or are they just that in love with Apple?
I don't get it either .. You would think that tech bloggers would hate apple because it is so limited and not innovative at all .. When the original iPhone came out they called it revolutionary but I had a windows mobile PC years before the iPhone and before that I had a palm pilot that could link to my home phone and my PC .. Apple has done nothing innovative and yet they get all the credit .. Same goes for tablets too .. There have been windows tablets for years and years before the iPad .. They were just not really popular with the public but they were very popular and still are with enterprises .. So for all of you rooting for apple and their "patents" just remember that google not SAMSUNG may have copied the iPhone .. But apple copied Microsoft windows mobile

the real smackbo

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Most of the real world uses MS, as in windows and Office. And wow why am i not surprised that you said 'Haters'?Nobody here said anything negative about Apple. See this is what jaime was tslking about, dare anyone speak about Apple's place in the market and people start protecting it.

I completely agree .. Let me ask the first person one thing ... Why do you like apple products so much ? .. Have you ever wondered why they release the same phone every year and yet you still buy it .. Have you ever wondered why you can't play the songs and videos you bought through iTunes on anything else without hacking the matrix somehow .. Do you really own that music or video .. Or have you been paying for the right to borrow it .. So your paying apple to let you borrow the music or videos .. So therefore your paying for apples right to own that intellectual property .. Hmmm .. Paying for apples right to own intellectual property so they can rent it to you and then buy the same phone over and over again being locked into an ecosystem .. For what ? .. I feel sorry for all apple users .. You're just another dollar in the minds of the big apple

adesonic

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
With tech stuff, there appears to be a healthy dose of "Emperors new clothes syndrome". Whatever apple, Samsung or google do is lauded by the tech press, anything that Microsoft does is panned. IMHO this is because a lot of thirty something tech journalists want to be "down with the kids" and demonstrate that despite the looming spectre of middle age, they can still be fashionable!

MSNY

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
And i'm pretty sure that even the reveiwers know about how limited Apple services are, for example, iTunes, no flash, etc.

Buren06

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Haters...

That's a very ignorant stance to take from a discussion standpoint.

I don't think it's conscious bias so much as it is putting too much importance in the wrong things. Most of the poorest reviews I've seen are just a case of lauding all Apple bulletpoints as revolutionary, and downplaying the features of the competition. Sure, things like app selection and the ability to take a panoramic photo out of the box are great features, but many reviewers fail to express how that product performs in everyday life. They take the spec sheet for each and compare them in a video or an article, something a review shouldn't be.

JW888

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Apple is good product, but definitely not the best.........
Haters...

JW888

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Iphone is not smart enough.........compare to Nokia's new technology on their SMART phone..........
Haters...

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
For whatever reason, I can't quote due to a tapatalk error...

I personal own a mac mini(sold one ), had a MacBook, have a few iPhones, have an iPod, sold my ipad2 when I got my surface...of course I have had android devices, various Linux flavors, and yes Microsoft. I have 2desktops running now, 2 laptops, A surface, windows phone8,7, and I still have a mobile 6 laying around... All devices are current, as can be.

I am 27 years old, been working in the it industry for little over 6 years... Jr. Programmer and Jr. Sys. Admin.

To the guy screaming haters... I did not even give an evaluation on apples products, but I sure can. Do I personally chose to use them day to day??? No. Can I and do I? Yes. I have pros and cons for each brand I use. I have my reasons other than development that I use them as well. I am not just some consumer who has chosen a side. I am not getting paid by any of them, but I get paid by knowing as much as I can to produce results.

What we really need are classes of reviewers. Most reviewers out there are just average people and average consumers. They would never see the value in the surface as they only consume media and games. If they actually used one for work other than emails, it would blow them away like it has my colleagues.

Like the topic on hand, someone says something bad about apple, people screen haters and trolls. You don't consider what was stated or their unknown background. I hope you were being sarcastic...

Yes apple has a fee good products and ideas... So does google... Microsoft to me has the same if not better in a lot those areas. I will not limit myself to just one. Screw the club sheep mentality.

Personal opinion is Microsoft might be the only one playing fair now.... It just seems to be the case that when a company is at the bottom, they are for the people, but when they move to the point that they have the peoples mind, they don't care anymore... They eventually lose them... Look at apple, Sony, google, Microsoft, etc...

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3