File indexing

Visspui

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

I have a bunch of PDF files from work, and I was wondering if anyone knows a way that would enable searching phrases that are in a pdf

So example I have 10 files, named A to J...I search 'manual turret index', and it shows all of the files that have this phrase

Thanks

Ryan

kevynpm

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Mine is doing this already, but I think I know how to check yours. See the screenshots for more info. First, I have the Reader app (from Microsoft, not Adobe) installed. I think it came pre-installed. I have a PDF in My Documents that contains "Auxiliary Equipment," and if I search for that text by going to the Search charm, typing that in, and tapping Files, my PDF is shown in the results. To check your Indexing settings, go to the Search charm and type "indexing options" and then tap Settings. Tap on the "Indexing Options" search result. This will take you to the Desktop. On the Indexing Options window, I clicked Users in the Included Locations list, and then the Advanced button. On the Advanced Options dialog window that opened, I scrolled down in the list on the File Types tab until I found "pdf". Mine was already checked. Notice in the screenshot it says "Reader Search Handler" next to it. Click the list item to highlight it, and make sure "Index Properties and File Contents" is selected in the options below. Click OK and then close the Indexing Options window. Screenshots:

Searching for text in PDF
Screenshot (26).png

PDF in Reader app showing the text

Screenshot (27).png

Search for Indexing Options
Screenshot (29).png

Indexing Options on the Desktop
Screenshot (28).jpg

Last edited:

Visspui

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Excellent, this is good news.
Thanks for the in depth description, and the time you took to take pics.

Really appreciate it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3