Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    So I have had this happen many times and can't figure it out. I am hoping others have had it happen or that an update will fix it. I have had my micro SD card that is attached will without warning just disconnect and then reconnect, or sometimes I will have to pull it out and re attach it myself. I have had this happen with one of my external HD's as well. It never happens when I am loading a file or anything it is only when it is idle. It's almost like it feels like surface is in standby mode so just disconnects.

I have the same problem with the micro SD card slot. Often, the card is not detected, and I have to take it out and reinsert it. I I thought at first that the card may have slide out a bit but it happens so frequently that I assume this is a bug in the O/S.

Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ovdgeest View Post
    I have the same problem with the micro SD card slot. Often, the card is not detected, and I have to take it out and reinsert it. I I thought at first that the card may have slide out a bit but it happens so frequently that I assume this is a bug in the O/S.
    I thought it was a bug to but now i'm thinking it is a hardware defect. I really hope that I am wrong but on mine every time I press even very softly on that outside flap that holds it in it disconnects. This makes sense because when it happens is when I open or close the stand part.

but obviously this is not a widespread problem or more people would be complaining about it. I am going to take it in to the Microsoft store tomorrow because I have been having problems with the screen not coming back on after going into sleep mode to.