Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    490 Global Posts
    I'm just downloading now..screenshot-30-.png

its not looking bad quite a few for office to which is nice. Now if only I could spell updates right..
    Thanked by:
    Vallos 

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    I am seeing firmware update

Is it just me or is the surface louder?

Quote Originally Posted by jonldevries View Post
    Is it just me or is the surface louder?
    I was thinking the same. Lol. Does seem louder and the whole OS seems more responsive. My surface was acting not so right before. Internet Explorer would crash a lot.

Global Posts
    1,015 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kenstervf View Post
    I was thinking the same. Lol. Does seem louder and the whole OS seems more responsive. My surface was acting not so right before. Internet Explorer would crash a lot.
    Unless there are random effects or machines, you are describing a classic placebo effect. One of the updates does address problems some people had with playing music while in connected standby (a problem I had not encountered) but my tablet is definitely not any louder. As far as performance goes, it should actually probably should be a bit worse at first. A couple of the patches are installed on subsequent boots so not everything is installed the first time around. Mine also just ran a cleanup function on reboot, a full day after installation. There are a couple performance enhancements in the mix but like all Microsoft OSs, the effect is never immediate. Caches, SuperFetch, etc., need to repopulate and adapt/adjust before there can be any improvement.

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    My Surface keeps restarting every 15-30 minutes or so after the last update :(