01-09-2013, 10:55 PM #1
- 114 Posts
Picked up a Surface RT today and love it. I think it's just what I need to be more functional work wise on the fly.
Everything is working fine, connected to WiFi, all personalized, have my exchange email working perfect.
My issue is that it tells me I have 21 updates under Windows Update. When I click on download and install them the progress bar scrolls from left to right and states "downloading updates" yet it remains on 0% complete after sitting there for over 5 minutes.
Anyone else have this issue or have any tips? Really not worth having a device that won't update itself.
01-09-2013, 11:05 PM #3
- 455 Posts
I haven't had that issue. Maybe trying going to the action center from the desktop. Go to desktop mode, click on the flag in the system tray, open action center, then click on windows update in the lower left corner of the action center. It does the same thing as the windows update section does, but maybe this interface will work better for you?
- 01-09-2013, 11:38 PM #5
I had the same problem, got my surface yesterday and everything. What I had to do was do the updates in bulks of like 4 or 5 because it seemed it hung up. I even left my surface on all night and it was if the download bar did not move at all. I did all the small updates first and did the big ones like the Office update and another update last and one by one.
- By orlandovlore in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 10-10-2012, 12:28 AM
- By orlandovlore in forum Samsung Focus S 4GReplies: 0Last Post: 10-09-2012, 10:34 PM
- By kenzibit in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 05-27-2012, 11:28 AM
- By daviwirkus in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 04-19-2012, 09:48 AM
- By sandmanfvr in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 08-14-2011, 12:05 AM