Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

Picked up a Surface RT today and love it. I think it's just what I need to be more functional work wise on the fly.

Everything is working fine, connected to WiFi, all personalized, have my exchange email working perfect.

My issue is that it tells me I have 21 updates under Windows Update. When I click on download and install them the progress bar scrolls from left to right and states "downloading updates" yet it remains on 0% complete after sitting there for over 5 minutes.

Anyone else have this issue or have any tips? Really not worth having a device that won't update itself.
  2.    #2  
    Update....yeah I am answering my own thread :D......I turned it off and it started the download process.

I haven't had that issue. Maybe trying going to the action center from the desktop. Go to desktop mode, click on the flag in the system tray, open action center, then click on windows update in the lower left corner of the action center. It does the same thing as the windows update section does, but maybe this interface will work better for you?

Global Posts
    771 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by firedancer1189 View Post
    Update....yeah I am answering my own thread :D......I turned it off and it started the download process.
    I just had the exact same thing happen. Strange.

Global Posts
    671 Global Posts
    I had the same problem, got my surface yesterday and everything. What I had to do was do the updates in bulks of like 4 or 5 because it seemed it hung up. I even left my surface on all night and it was if the download bar did not move at all. I did all the small updates first and did the big ones like the Office update and another update last and one by one.