- 01-10-2013, 03:52 AM #1
Couple of questions as I just got my Surface yesterday.
1. Am I allowed to use a USB cord to connect my Surface to my computer to drag and drop files from my laptop to my surface? (I.E. Music and Pictures)
2. What is the best way to sync my Surface with my phone pretty much the same as question 1? I know for pictures it would be Skydrive but what about the Windows Phone app and or using the USB that comes with the phone charger?
3. How come in my people's section some of my contacts don't have pictures for their profile yet on my phone they do? Doesn't the pictures sync with my Live ID?
4. Lastly, I want to use OneNote but compared to Evernote which is better for syncing across all devices? I don't have OneNote on my Computer for home however I have it on my Lumia 920 and I need one of these for storing of Passwords and such.
Thank you in advance if I have more questions I'll post them.
01-10-2013, 04:08 AM #2
- 283 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
1. No, sorry
2. Yes, the Windows Phone app will work, but for me between Skydrive for pictures and documents and Xbox Music I haven't actually done a cable sync since I got my Lumia
3. Outlook.com's contact pictures are tied to their linked profiles (i.e. Facebook) and in the current version of Outlook.com there is no manual contact picture sync. If your contact is not also a FB/tiwtter/linkedin contact with a profile picture they will have a blank portrait on outlook.com and the People app for Windows. Changes made to this on your WP8 device does not sync. This should change soon
4. I love one note, it works great, especially with the free Metro OneNote app on the Windows Store, makes it much better on the Surface than using the desktop app and can be used on your computer that doesn't have it.