Windows RT Jailbreak Released

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
And dollars to donuts this will be patched in the next month by MS.

It would be nice if MS saw the potential for high-end users and just allowed a switch to be flipped to install desktop ARM applications. There'd be a control panel option and the user could be warned that allowing the installation of desktop ARM applications could impact battery life, but the user would have to turn this on manually.

Then, devs could just publish their apps in the Windows Store and everyone would be all the merrier. Oh well...

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
It would be nice if MS saw the potential for high-end users and just allowed a switch to be flipped to install desktop ARM applications. There'd be a control panel option and the user could be warned that allowing the installation of desktop ARM applications could impact battery life, but the user would have to turn this on manually.

Then, devs could just publish their apps in the Windows Store and everyone would be all the merrier. Oh well...

Wishful thinking I'm afraid. :(

neova333

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
So you wait till the month after to update when the newest hack is released. Nothing new.

I think I read somewhere that MS has known about the kernel vulnerability that the jailbreak uses for some time now, either way I suppose they may be more motivated to do something about it now that someone has figured out how to exploit it. Or maybe they'll let it go so that the powerusers can have some fun with it as it's not exactly a huge security threat.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills