Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

You may notice that in the new people app in windows 8, some of your friends updates are missing. The reason for this is your friend is not being very social, and have set one of their settings up so other apps that aggregate social feeds cannot read them.
    It is dead easy to fix, but they have to do it. What they need to do is open up facebook, and click the cog icon in the top right, and then choose privacy settings.
    1.jpg

Then choose apps on the left, and then click edit to the right of ‘Apps others use’
    2.jpg
    The following screen shows what you send to other apps, including the new people app in Windows 8. Obvious ones that should be ticked are ‘If I’m Online’,’ My Status Updates’,’My Photos’,’My Videos’. These are the basic ones, but others can be ticked too.
    3.jpg

Developer

damn how do I ask all my friends to do it? I just want to stalk them...

Global Posts
    927 Global Posts
    Nice to know, I guess. I must admit though I will certainly not ask anyone to change a privacy setting for my convenience.

Global Posts
    1,441 Global Posts
    While this problem does exist, there is i believe a fix on facebook's or microsoft's side without us having to tell our friends to change. I've posted on the microsoft answers forums with no help at all and the surface twitter profile telling me to connect my account with people hub and rest my device. Those didnt work.

There is a fix without us having to do anything because this was fixed on windows phone 7. When i first got my focus S back in november of 2011, this was an issue, many of my friends did not show up on my feed then a few months later like in Feb or so, poof all was fixed with no update, announcement or anything. All of a sudden it was fixed. This wasn't only my phone, this was a widespread issue that I've seen people post about in the forums, but magically it was fixed on the back-end.

Today I can see profiles that are privatized on my windows phone, but if i check the people hub on my surface, it doesn't show.

This needs to be fixed now, no point of the people hub if it doesn't show everything.
    Thanked by:
    Vallos