RT App Store Down?

xirsteon

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Is the RT Store down? I can't seem to download apps from last nite. I've tried 2 different times and 2 different apps. I even rebooted the Surface. I get an error that says "Your Purchase couldn't be completed Something happened and your purchase can't be complete" I get 2 buttons "try again" or "cancel". Try again comes back with same error after about 30sec to 1 mins.

Anyone else having this issue?

xirsteon

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I tried the WSreset.exe command and it came back and said the store cache was cleared. However it didn't work after that. I had to do a restart and it worked after.

Thanks alot for the help.

xirsteon

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
This issue happened again today. Had to run wsreset.exe and then reboot after. What's going on with the software? It's almost as annoying as the wifi issue

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Having the same issue today. It's an adventure whenever there are app updates or I want to download something new. Same thing on my Win8 machines and not just on the RT.

xirsteon

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had this issue for 2 wks now. I'm considering disabling Windows update for sometime. I hate how they just decide to automatically install updates without any user controls. Each time I go to reboot, the surface is like configuring and installing updates.

msdugn

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Please don't disable Windows Update.

This may correct the issue: Reboot. Once restarted, via the Desktop Windows Update applet (Desktop | Control Panel | Windows Update), select all Windows Updates (except any you specifically don't want), install all selected updates (don't RT go into standby which will turn off the display). Once all updates are installed, reboot. Let me know if that helps.

Forcing all available Windows Updates to install - without letting the RT device go into standby until updates were 100% complete - solved this for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb