Surface RT not waking up. Need to hard boot often.

TheAccuser

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Within the last couple of weeks my Surface has decided to stop waking up. I will close the touch cover before going to bed...sometimes it is on the charger, sometimes it's not. When I wake up, sometimes (more often than not), I'll hit the power button and it won't turn on. If I touch the capacitive button, I get vibration feedback. At this point I have to hold the power button down to hard power off and then turn on and all is good.

Anyone else experiencing this?

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah im getting that as well - its started doing it since the last lot of patches - dont think its too much of an issue - although it did make me panic a bit the first time it did it. just hope the next lot of patches again

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
From what I've read l, (can't remember the source) an update coming in February suppose to be an extensive update that's supposedly gonna correct ALL problems and give some enhancements

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
You're just turning on and off, not "hard booting". I've had to Restart when apps such such as the Store or Music are not working. It always solves the problem, but those apps or the OS need improvement, at least to the point that closing and reopening the app is sufficient.

jaimeastin

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
This has happened to be after being on the charger for hours... Very scary and annoying. I was in class last week and only had the surface rt... Thankfully I got up and going...

AgentTheGreat

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
This has happened to be after being on the charger for hours... Very scary and annoying. I was in class last week and only had the surface rt... Thankfully I got up and going...

My exact observation as well. Only happens when the charger is plugged in and left charging for a while. Gonna find some place to tell Microsoft about this, hopefully they fix it with an update.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes