Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Within the last couple of weeks my Surface has decided to stop waking up. I will close the touch cover before going to bed...sometimes it is on the charger, sometimes it's not. When I wake up, sometimes (more often than not), I'll hit the power button and it won't turn on. If I touch the capacitive button, I get vibration feedback. At this point I have to hold the power button down to hard power off and then turn on and all is good.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Yeah im getting that as well - its started doing it since the last lot of patches - dont think its too much of an issue - although it did make me panic a bit the first time it did it. just hope the next lot of patches again
    From what I've read l, (can't remember the source) an update coming in February suppose to be an extensive update that's supposedly gonna correct ALL problems and give some enhancements

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Yeah mine has done this to. Hopefully it will get fixed with updates

You're just turning on and off, not "hard booting". I've had to Restart when apps such such as the Store or Music are not working. It always solves the problem, but those apps or the OS need improvement, at least to the point that closing and reopening the app is sufficient.
    X-Box Music Pass Rocks
    Surface: there is no substitute
    We are all just prisoners here, of our own device(s)

Global Posts
    376 Global Posts
    This has happened to be after being on the charger for hours... Very scary and annoying. I was in class last week and only had the surface rt... Thankfully I got up and going...

Quote Originally Posted by jaimeastin View Post
    This has happened to be after being on the charger for hours... Very scary and annoying. I was in class last week and only had the surface rt... Thankfully I got up and going...
    My exact observation as well. Only happens when the charger is plugged in and left charging for a while. Gonna find some place to tell Microsoft about this, hopefully they fix it with an update.