Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By johninsj
  1.    #1  
    Has anybody got this app to work on their Surface?
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920
  2. #2  
    It works on my windows 8 PC
  3. inteller's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,562 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,566 Global Posts
    #3  
    works, but I'm not buying it twice..already have it for my phone. It would be better if Tapatalk would just release their official client.
  4. LonePalmBJ's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #4  
    I've been using BoardExpress pretty much since the day I got my Surface. It seems to work fine. Haven't had any issues with it.
  5. martinmc78's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,716 Posts
    #5  
    I get issues with mine every now and then. It will occaisionally log in then when i go to look at the threads it returns to the start screen. End up swiping it back in from the left, closing it, then reopening. Other times it will just hang. Would be good as well if it had the option to reply with quotes as well at the moment you just get the basic reply function.
  6.    #6  
    Weird, mine has never worked, I've deleted and redownloaded it but it still doesn't work
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
    works, but I'm not buying it twice..already have it for my phone. It would be better if Tapatalk would just release their official client.
    If you bought it for wp8, it wouldn't be buying it twice. W8 is a different OS.
  8. johninsj's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    373 Posts
    #8  
    Why not use the excellent web browser on the Surface to, um, browse the web?
    rdubmu and Laura Knotek like this.
  9. #9  
    Also there is a free board express app that is add supported in the windows store. It might be the same app but use the "Try" option.
  10.    #10  
    I looked at the reviews and alot of people are having this problem
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920
  11.    #11  
    And the app is just more convenient
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920
  12. johninsj's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    373 Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by cthulhucometh View Post
    And the app is just more convenient
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920
    I agree it is, on a phone. On a tablet with a real browser, I prefer to use the browser.
  13. #13  
    I have the same issues, that's why I haven't purchased the app, I'll use ad supported and if there's an update I can purchase.


    Quote Originally Posted by martinmc78 View Post
    I get issues with mine every now and then. It will occaisionally log in then when i go to look at the threads it returns to the start screen. End up swiping it back in from the left, closing it, then reopening. Other times it will just hang. Would be good as well if it had the option to reply with quotes as well at the moment you just get the basic reply function.
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express
    [IMG][/IMG]
  14. inteller's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,562 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,566 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by rdubmu View Post
    If you bought it for wp8, it wouldn't be buying it twice. W8 is a different OS.
    This just highlights the problems about Microsoft bragging about a shared core then unable to bridge that strategy. Apple has this figured out.
  15. martinmc78's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,716 Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
    This just highlights the problems about Microsoft bragging about a shared core then unable to bridge that strategy. Apple has this figured out.
    So if you buy an app for Mac OSX it pops up as already purchased on your ipad?
  16. rajkumr's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    110 Posts
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by martinmc78 View Post
    So if you buy an app for Mac OSX it pops up as already purchased on your ipad?
    hope its a sarcasm!

    But the answer is a NO!
    Between ios, yes. But mac appstore purchases are separate and are additional purchases.
  17. inteller's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,562 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,566 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by martinmc78 View Post
    So if you buy an app for Mac OSX it pops up as already purchased on your ipad?

    I'm talking about my phone and my tablet, not my desktop and my tablet. Don't try to dodge the problem wby throwing up straw men. Microsoft got up on stage and bragged about how the common core is shared now and how code for WP8 app can be ported over to a metro app with few modifications. This has not translated into the same synergy that iPhone and iPad apps have.
  18. ryker002's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    149 Posts
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    #18  
    Desktop & tablet both running windows 8 have the same apps and therefore should work the same on both devices. As well as a WP8.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express
  19. inteller's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,562 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,566 Global Posts
    #19  
    Microsoft knows this is a problem, which is why they tried to address it with a purchase promo on that Shogun game, they bundled it up so you could get all 3 for a flat rate. Still not what I'd call ideal, it should be a buy once, get a code later when the same app hits for the other platform.

Similar Threads

  1. Emoticon issue with WPCentral and Board Express apps
    By Laura Knotek in forum WindowsCentral.com - Site News, Feedback, Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-29-2012, 09:28 AM
  2. Problem paying for Board Express app
    By SteveISU in forum Windows Phone Apps
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-25-2012, 07:39 PM
  3. board express app issues
    By rdubmu in forum Windows Phone Apps
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-14-2012, 01:40 AM
  4. Are there any other forum apps? Not board express
    By cp2_4eva in forum Windows Phone Apps
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-01-2012, 10:05 PM
  5. Board Express
    By action_efn_jackson in forum Windows Phone Apps
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 05-24-2011, 01:14 AM

Posting Permissions