Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By johninsj
  1.    #1  
    Has anybody got this app to work on their Surface?
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920
    It works on my windows 8 PC

Global Posts
    2,566 Global Posts
    works, but I'm not buying it twice..already have it for my phone. It would be better if Tapatalk would just release their official client.

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I've been using BoardExpress pretty much since the day I got my Surface. It seems to work fine. Haven't had any issues with it.

I get issues with mine every now and then. It will occaisionally log in then when i go to look at the threads it returns to the start screen. End up swiping it back in from the left, closing it, then reopening. Other times it will just hang. Would be good as well if it had the option to reply with quotes as well at the moment you just get the basic reply function.
  6.    #6  
    Weird, mine has never worked, I've deleted and redownloaded it but it still doesn't work
    Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
    works, but I'm not buying it twice..already have it for my phone. It would be better if Tapatalk would just release their official client.
    If you bought it for wp8, it wouldn't be buying it twice. W8 is a different OS.

Why not use the excellent web browser on the Surface to, um, browse the web?
    rdubmu and Laura Knotek like this.
    Also there is a free board express app that is add supported in the windows store. It might be the same app but use the "Try" option.
  10.    #10  
    I looked at the reviews and alot of people are having this problem
  11.    #11  
    And the app is just more convenient

Quote Originally Posted by cthulhucometh View Post
    And the app is just more convenient
    I agree it is, on a phone. On a tablet with a real browser, I prefer to use the browser.
    I have the same issues, that's why I haven't purchased the app, I'll use ad supported and if there's an update I can purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by martinmc78 View Post
    I get issues with mine every now and then. It will occaisionally log in then when i go to look at the threads it returns to the start screen. End up swiping it back in from the left, closing it, then reopening. Other times it will just hang. Would be good as well if it had the option to reply with quotes as well at the moment you just get the basic reply function.
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express
    [IMG][/IMG]

Global Posts
    2,566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rdubmu View Post
    If you bought it for wp8, it wouldn't be buying it twice. W8 is a different OS.
    This just highlights the problems about Microsoft bragging about a shared core then unable to bridge that strategy. Apple has this figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
    This just highlights the problems about Microsoft bragging about a shared core then unable to bridge that strategy. Apple has this figured out.
    So if you buy an app for Mac OSX it pops up as already purchased on your ipad?

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    hope its a sarcasm!

But the answer is a NO!
    Between ios, yes. But mac appstore purchases are separate and are additional purchases.

Global Posts
    2,566 Global Posts

I'm talking about my phone and my tablet, not my desktop and my tablet. Don't try to dodge the problem wby throwing up straw men. Microsoft got up on stage and bragged about how the common core is shared now and how code for WP8 app can be ported over to a metro app with few modifications. This has not translated into the same synergy that iPhone and iPad apps have.

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Desktop & tablet both running windows 8 have the same apps and therefore should work the same on both devices. As well as a WP8.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Global Posts
    2,566 Global Posts
    Microsoft knows this is a problem, which is why they tried to address it with a purchase promo on that Shogun game, they bundled it up so you could get all 3 for a flat rate. Still not what I'd call ideal, it should be a buy once, get a code later when the same app hits for the other platform.