Surface Pro at Holiday Stores

nuprotocol

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
If you call the Microsoft Store toll free number, they can tell you if your Holiday Store has the Surface Pro or not. 855-270-6581.

Went by the store today to check out the Surface Pro and came away extremely impressed. I'm satisfied with my RT and don't plan on trading up/selling my RT for the Pro, but the Pro is extremely fast. For laptops, I normally buy nothing less than an i5 and this the Surface Pro is proof why. Everything opens up almost instantly and its extremely responsive. Plus the screen is so much more vibrant and vivid. I took my RT in to compare the weight and its not that much heavier than the RT. It is .5 more, but doesn't seem as heavy as some prereviews has made it seem. Are any of you going to sell your RT and get the Pro? Or have both? lol

msdugn

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
As mentioned in another thread.

I love my RT.

While my iPad worked great for games and social networks, I was always struggling to get real work done on it. The Surface fixes that.

With a real keyboard, the Office suite (real Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel), and intergrated cloud for both personal (SkyDrive) and work (SkyDrive Pro), the ipad doesn't compare. And I'm so satisfied with the RT, I don't have a need to move up to a Surface Pro. I'd also be worried about battery life.

Even though it's not out yet, I can't imagine the i5-based Surface Pro can come close to the battery life of an ARM-based machine. And there's no way I'll start carrying a power adapter for a Pro since I'm so spoiled with Surface RT.

Sure, the learning curve is steeper for Win8/RT compared to iPad. But having snap screens to view two apps at once, real Word/Excel/PowerPoint, a keyboard and long battery times, I couldn't be happier with my Surface RT - and have no need for a Pro.

cme4oil

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Had the Surface RT for two months, took it back last week for a refund to get the Surface PRO when it comes out. I was very happy with the RT but want the extra capabilities of the PRO so going to go that route.

nuprotocol

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
As mentioned in another thread.

I love my RT.

While my iPad worked great for games and social networks, I was always struggling to get real work done on it. The Surface fixes that.

With a real keyboard, the Office suite (real Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel), and intergrated cloud for both personal (SkyDrive) and work (SkyDrive Pro), the ipad doesn't compare. And I'm so satisfied with the RT, I don't have a need to move up to a Surface Pro. I'd also be worried about battery life.

Even though it's not out yet, I can't imagine the i5-based Surface Pro can come close to the battery life of an ARM-based machine. And there's no way I'll start carrying a power adapter for a Pro since I'm so spoiled with Surface RT.

Sure, the learning curve is steeper for Win8/RT compared to iPad. But having snap screens to view two apps at once, real Word/Excel/PowerPoint, a keyboard and long battery times, I couldn't be happier with my Surface RT - and have no need for a Pro.

I agree. Like you and somebody else said, it does everything I need it too, so theres no reason to up to the PRO. Plus I have a Hp ENVY Ultrabook Touch (lol at the name) as my main laptop. I am impressed with the PRO, and believe anybody looking for full Windows8 in a tablet form factor will be satisfied.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3