Best App for Offline News

TomK100

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey gang -- About to take my first multi-week international trip using my Surface instead of my regular laptop. Any recommendations for the best news/tech/sports apps that sync content locally so I can read things while offline on flights? I'm amazed at how many apps require you to be online to review any content.

Thank you for your tips!

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
There are some out there. Check out NBC News, that should give you a well rounded view of news, sports, entertainment and anything else. Feed Reader is good too. It has a nice, organized interface.

lance_mangold

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Hey gang -- About to take my first multi-week international trip using my Surface instead of my regular laptop. Any recommendations for the best news/tech/sports apps that sync content locally so I can read things while offline on flights? I'm amazed at how many apps require you to be online to review any content.

Thank you for your tips!

um correct me if I'm wrong but the native news reader quietly added offline content months ago.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
um correct me if I'm wrong but the native news reader quietly added offline content months ago.

You, sir, are not wrong.

That being said, there are some sources that even after it "downloads" I get the wonderful "you're offline" message when I try to read them. :|

So maybe they need to work on it a little.

lance_mangold

May 31, 2013
Visit site
You, sir, are not wrong.

That being said, there are some sources that even after it "downloads" I get the wonderful "you're offline" message when I try to read them. :|

So maybe they need to work on it a little.

Agreed. Nothing more important when traveling. I will also recommend Next Issue. Although subscription, great to have on flights.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven