Surface and third party keyboards

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
So me being the good friend I am, I briefly owned a surface of my own but I gave the surface to my friend as a gift...long story.

I plan to buy a surface this weekend if possible however I am buying two. I really have no need for the pro version and I am buying a rt for my little bro.

Can a cheap USB keyboard I purchased from best buy be attached to the surface? I ask because he seems to have a hard time using the touchpad and typecover things. There is no need for me to buy one for him unless 3rd party keyboards don't work.

justreason

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes 3rd party kbs work.. I use an apple Bluetooth keyboard sometimes.. Just got to devices and make sure it is synced
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

msdugn

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Just be sure you're ready to use up your one USB port with a keyboard. If you think you may need to insert a USB stick or other USB device, consider a Bluetooth keyboard instead.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
The Microsoft Wedge Keyboard is really nice! That's a Bluetooth device. And fyi, Surface handles USB splitters very well. Had a usb mouse, keyboard, printer, and flash drive plugged in at once!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro