Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By inteller
  1.    #1  
    One of the few features that iOS has that I wish we had is the fact that with imessaging, they receive their iphone/text messages on their ipads. Without having to pay per text or a monthly fee, does anyone know a way of getting our Windows Phone SMS's on the Surface?

None that I know of, btu I do use the web version of GroupMe.

Quote Originally Posted by missionsparta View Post
    One of the few features that iOS has that I wish we had is the fact that with imessaging, they receive their iphone/text messages on their ipads. Without having to pay per text or a monthly fee, does anyone know a way of getting our Windows Phone SMS's on the Surface?
    iMessage works on iPad, not SMS. You can of course use Skype on WP8 and Surface and everything else for equivalent non-Apple functionality

Global Posts
    2,574 Global Posts
    imessage is not SMS....imessage is absolutely no different than using Messenger. imesage just backs off to regular SMS if data is not available.
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Indeed completely different to SMS. Just use Skype, Messenger or Facebook chat and the like. Same principle as imessenger for ios.
    Developer

Global Posts
    837 Global Posts
    Or we can switch back to either email or telegram - I choose telegram, it sounds cooler :D

I have something cooler: smoke signals! Indian-style ;-)
    Developer

Global Posts
    837 Global Posts
    Or the pony express :D