Buy Wireless Adapter for Xbox Controller That Works With Surface?

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
So I bought a piece of crap adapter from eBay thinking it would work with Surface and of course it didn't so I want to make sure I buy one that actually works properly with Surface for Xbox 360 controllers. If anyone could put some links up or point me in the right direction I would appreciate it a lot thanks.

kashk5

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm that the adapter linked to by rhythmsyndicate works with the Surface RT. However, you do have to follow the directions listed in the Amazon comments on how to install it since it does not work automatically after plugging it in.

However, that makes me wonder whether you need to follow similar directions for the adapter that you have already purchased. Give it a try before spending money on another one.

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm that the adapter linked to by rhythmsyndicate works with the Surface RT. However, you do have to follow the directions listed in the Amazon comments on how to install it since it does not work automatically after plugging it in.

However, that makes me wonder whether you need to follow similar directions for the adapter that you have already purchased. Give it a try before spending money on another one.

thanks for the tip I will take a look

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Yeah, you'll need to manually install the driver for most of the adapters these days. The reason is that Microsoft isn't actually making the adapter any more, so all of these adapters are third-party ones that don't identify to the PC exactly the same way as the MS-made one did.

Here's hoping that for the Xbox's successor that they just use Bluetooth controllers though, so we don't need any dongles. :wink:

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I guess they don't sell them by themselves but they still sell them at best buy bundled with a controller. I saw it by the computers and computer accessories. Not by the consoles.

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
So I bought a piece of crap adapter from eBay thinking it would work with Surface and of course it didn't so I want to make sure I buy one that actually works properly with Surface for Xbox 360 controllers. If anyone could put some links up or point me in the right direction I would appreciate it a lot thanks.
I bought a $10 cheapy from ebay. It works perfectly. You do have to add the device manually though.

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I think I will pick up the combo from Microsoft cause I am tired of trying to mess around and try and make this one work. I have tried anything and this one that I bought just wont work. I couldn't find the driver "Microsoft Common Controller for Windows Class". I did find the xbox 360 adapter driver and added that and it didn't work still.

For anyone in Canada wanting the controller with the adapter its on sale right now from Canada Computers. $44.95 pretty good price.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills