SD Card slot bug?

rhodri22

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey, so I've been having some problems with the SD card slot on my Surface. I insert the card, the device sees the card, so I let it bounce back to the hold position and then the card disconnects. I have to reinsert several times before the device will continue to see it after release. The device will also stop seeing an SD card after a long period of inactivity (overnight) and after reboots.

I was wondering if this is a quirk of design or if my Surface has a specific problem. Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
See my thread here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/surface-windows-rt/211685-sd-card-reader-issue.html

Basically I had a similar issue, brought it to the Microsoft Store and they replaced my Surface.

Yeah I had the same issue! Don't hesitate to take it back. I did and they took a minute and didn't argue at all just replaced the unit and same thing as Dos 101 got me to check that the problem was fixed. I haven't had a problem since. This surface actually works better to, things like adding flash sites now work when before it didn't.

rhodri22

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies! Problem is that I live in the UK and so can't take it into a store, but will have to send it back for a new one which is a pain.
But it's good to know that this is a bug and not a design flaw.

shn'g

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies! Problem is that I live in the UK and so can't take it into a store, but will have to send it back for a new one which is a pain.
But it's good to know that this is a bug and not a design flaw.

Uh that is annoying but hopefully its a quick process!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism