Back to Surface RT....need help :)

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Alright my dad brought himself a SP 128 GB and I have a Surface RT 32 GB with a red touch cover.

I absolutely love it and I am easing away from my half-dead laptop and using my surface rt as a laptop replacement but I have a few questions....

1. TouchPad uncomfortable to use[/B

]When I type on the touchpad it is mostly easy for me to use and type on but I have some issues with typing as it hurts my hands/wrists from using it a few time.

Is there a recommended arm rest that makes it comfortable to use?]

2. Storage

The surface storage is currently at 14 GB of it's available 32 GB. I don't necessarily mind the low storage but I hate having to be able to proactively watching my storage.

What recommended USB flash drives are good quality and compatible with the surface rt? I don't need anything too expensive....Probably about 16 or 32 GB.

3. Xbox Music

Does Xbox Music monthly subscription allow me to use music that is on my 920(songs that I have stored on my phone) and stream them to my surface?

Currently I have all my music stored on an SD Card but that is annoying because I constantly have to go up a directory and then open the files in Xbox Music.

I also have an issue making playlist. I assume since the music is not stored on the Surface RT but on a SD card that it will not allow me to create playlist?

Is there a way to create playlist for my music without having to have the music stored on my SD Card?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I can answer most of these, but with arm rest - it's probably the fashion in which you type. Try to keep your wrist as low as possible while you type.
Generally a Seagate external hard drive is trustworthy, but you could even try memorybits.com and see if you find any 16-32 GB on sale. I've been purchasing from them for about 6 years now, no complaints.
Xbox music pass will work for syncing and playing and downloading music on WP8, Windows 8 (laptops, surfaces) and Xbox too! I've used it since 2 years now and tonight will be renewing my subscription once again for the third year. It is the way music should have been from day 1 of Adam and Eve.

edit: for playlists, ideally it should let you create playlist from any of the above devices and sync that to cloud so that you can access it. However, right now the best way to sync music to cloud is to download it on a Windows 8 machine, not a phone i.e. laptop or surface. Same applies for syncing playlists. Make one of surface/laptop and then it goes to your phone automatically. I've had chat a couple of times with Xbox support and have been told it is one sided currently, but it will work both ways with up coming OS updates.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
So should i move the music to the surface?

I have Win 8 on my old laptop so I am pretty familiar with the OS already but i am just unable to make playlist with music on the SD card...so i should i move it to the tablet right

I can answer most of these, but with arm rest - it's probably the fashion in which you type. Try to keep your wrist as low as possible while you type.
Generally a Seagate external hard drive is trustworthy, but you could even try memorybits.com and see if you find any 16-32 GB on sale. I've been purchasing from them for about 6 years now, no complaints.
Xbox music pass will work for syncing and playing and downloading music on WP8, Windows 8 (laptops, surfaces) and Xbox too! I've used it since 2 years now and tonight will be renewing my subscription once again for the third year. It is the way music should have been from day 1 of Adam and Eve.

edit: for playlists, ideally it should let you create playlist from any of the above devices and sync that to cloud so that you can access it. However, right now the best way to sync music to cloud is to download it on a Windows 8 machine, not a phone i.e. laptop or surface. Same applies for syncing playlists. Make one of surface/laptop and then it goes to your phone automatically. I've had chat a couple of times with Xbox support and have been told it is one sided currently, but it will work both ways with up coming OS updates.

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a 32gb SanDisk usb flash stick. Its the size of like a thumb nail. I got it because it sits pretty close to the surface body and I don't have worry about it breaking off. Its called the micro cruze or something. I got mine for $24 brand new from best buy on a sale though. Also picked me up recently a micro sdxc 64gb class 10 SanDisk card for $49.99 from tiger direct.and since apps can be put on thee card with a little hacking I'm all set with memory for a bit.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I would highly recommend getting a microSD card instead of a USB thumb drive for expansion. Under the kickstand, right above the magcharge is the slot for the microSD. The big advantage is that with the microSD card you don't have to worry about bumping it, and breakage (versus the USB thumb drive sticking out).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05