Type Cover and the "A" key

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Question for Type cover users: Do you have problems hitting a specific key on the keyboard? For me it's the "A" key. I think I'm hitting it, but half of my words are missing the letter "A". So now I'm over compensating and hitting the Caps Lock. I'll get used to it eventually, but just curious if anyone else has that one key they seem to miss.

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
The space bar is my biggest issue. My thumb is not used to the pressure needed when typing with the touch cover. Its a physical memory conflict with the number of years typing on a traditional keyboard. Thus, the more I type on the touch cover, the better I get at it.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
A key for me too - so much so, that I wonder if I have a faulty keyboard!

I thought that at first, but if I watch my self try and strike that key I can see I'm hitting the corner of it. Now that I'm aware what I'm doing it's getting better. I just avoid words with the letter A :)

reepS

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
my "3" "v" and left "alt" key are the same way. They are sending a replacement soon. They are good about it just go to support on surface.com

kylej1050

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I have trouble with the A key but most of that stems from the fact that I don't get any tactile feedback on if I've pressed it or not I think. It has been a long, difficult journey for me to get used to the touch cover.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I had to exchange the touch cover for the type cover and I am very glad I did. I could never get used to the missing tactile response. I have no issues with the a key. I am using the type cover a lot and maybe I just got used to the form factor.
cheers

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
This issue right here is why I went back to the Touch Cover. I was so frustrated with the "A" key never registering. That, and I was tired of feeling buttons when I folded the keyboard back. I thought I had a broken keyboard. I have no issues with the touch cover besides the space bar, but time is improving that. It's quick, efficient, and comfortable when folded back.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I have a Surface Pro and just sent my type cover back for an exchange. First I had the space bar, volume controls and other keys randomly not respond. Then it moved to the enter key, z,x,c,v keys then I decided to go for a replacement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans