I have searched all night... I traced retraced my steps in and out of buildings. Looked online using the trend micro app. It is nowhere to be found.

This is the first time that I wished it had cellular and GPS. When needed to locate my iPad, even if it was just in doors, I could find it.

I am extremely sad today. No it is not a life, but it was mine ๐Ÿ˜ž. If it was stolen, the only place it was potentially left was in my car while my cleaning team cleaned the church. I was only me from my team there to begin with.

I am just sad and exhausted.
    03-28-2013 09:34 AM
    Sorry to hear mate :(. Hope you manage to find it. I agree though a sim card would be nice in it!
    03-28-2013 09:48 AM
    That sucks. Nothing ticks me off more then a damn thief. Hope you or someone will find it and it gets returned to you.
    03-28-2013 09:52 AM
    Maybe WP Central could provide a database of stolen Surface devices with the corresponding MAC addresses. ?
    03-28-2013 09:54 AM
    I'm really sorry to hear that. Did you keep the serial number? You should file a police report and check local pawn shops.
    03-28-2013 10:14 AM
    I have the serial numbers. My contact information is all over the surface and the padded case. I would really give a nice reward too.

I can't stand a thief... But I have no evidence it was stolen or not. I am trying my best to not overlook any places where I was the screw up...

Thanks for the support friends. I wonder if Microsoft has a database like the one proposed above.
    03-28-2013 11:11 AM
    I am so sorry to hear this.
    03-28-2013 03:17 PM
    thief is still probably trying to figure out why there is no circle button.
    03-28-2013 03:20 PM
    Maybe someone with money to spare, there has to be someone on this forum who has money can send you a new one. A good deed, paying it foward. Sadly I am not that guy.
    03-28-2013 03:22 PM
    Im sure it will surface sooner or later
    03-28-2013 05:02 PM
    Filed a police report yesterday. I even searched yesterday and this morning again in all of the areas. I made phone calls and checked my personal security cameras... No new clues or developments... I am continuing to rummage through Craigslist...

I have to accept that it is gone... Just yesterday while working on my bike. I needed to look up something... Reached for my Surface and no go... Made me sad again, lol. Had to use my phone ๐Ÿ˜œ, of all things right?!

I contacted Microsoft support about a remote wipe and remote location information, but they were not too helpful. They said that once a police report is filed, the police could contact them to locate the device...

One of my only concerns is my data on my memory card... I set mine up in a way that my user doc were stored on the SD card and not the device. Does OneNote save data to the my documents folder on the surface? When someone wipes a surface, does it wipe the card?
    03-29-2013 08:33 AM
    Again, thanks for the support... We really need a service or law that once something is reported as stolen, that it becomes unusable... After it calls home for an update or something.
    03-29-2013 08:35 AM
    Maybe someone with money to spare, there has to be someone on this forum who has money can send you a new one. A good deed, paying it foward. Sadly I am not that guy.
    That would be a good deed, but unexpected. I may want that deed to go elsewhere. As sad as I am, I know and understand that others have it a lot worse.

I am so sick and tired of thievery. I had a couple of bicycles stolen last year. What kind if people are these? Even if I am responsible and lost my surface, the surface, the case, and papers enclosed all have my name and a form of contact.

๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜“๐Ÿ˜ข The range of emotions... Hard to let go.
    03-29-2013 08:41 AM
    I know this won't help you now but this company will protect 3? Devices free and it can do some neat stuff.

Open source anti-theft solution for laptops, phones & tablets โ€“ Prey
    03-29-2013 08:56 PM
    I know this won't help you now but this company will protect 3? Devices free and it can do some neat stuff.

Open source anti-theft solution for laptops, phones & tablets Prey
    Prey seems pretty cool. Wish there was a surface rt version or wp one. I will put this on my laptops, they currently have lojack on them.

I had the trend micro everywhere beta install which is supposed to help locate your device, but I have nit been successful with that...

I contacted Microsoft about a remote search and wipe and an engineer is supposed to contact me later.

This has been such a week! I'm am holding on, but I guess it is time to consider its replacement... Makes me kinda want a pro just because I can install other location software...
    03-30-2013 08:15 AM
    Well, no headway... Just about given up... I'm already looking for a replacement.

I'm considering a pro, but just kinda think it is not the tablet I want... I like that I could put any application on it, but just what applications would I really want on it? I love the simplicity of the rt. I was never worried of it overheating in my bag due to it automatically waking up...

Well, I think I will just continue with the RT. Maybe I will get the 64 GB just so I won't have to rely on an SD card for my default storage... That is where I am upset the most... The SD card is not encrypted. No telling what was on it... I just hope the new owner erases before using it...

Sad still... Mad even more! I just have to move on...

Looking for surface deals if anyone knows one.
    04-03-2013 09:43 PM
    no surface deals, but there are RT deals. Microcenter selling selling a 10" dell for $349
    04-04-2013 08:23 AM
    Yeah, I am checking Craigslist for deals and exploring other tablets. Some are really nice with more features to boot!
    04-04-2013 06:51 PM
    Have you tried search tempest. It is craigslist plus ebay and you set how far to search.

SearchTempest Online Classifieds Search - All the Classifieds. One Search.
    rdubmu likes this.
    04-04-2013 08:19 PM
    Well, I'm about to get another surface rt. I looked at the dell latitude and xps, the Lenovo thinkpad2, and the surface pro and decided to still stick with the rt over an Intel processor.

I really don't see myself needing to install other apps... When I do, I will prob need a larger screen like my laptop. I can remote I to any of my computer/servers when needed. The only 2 changes I am considering is the 64GB over the 32GB and type keyboard over the touch.

I am over the loss I guess... Waiting for my insurance check so not a total loss.

Other news I found a suspect posting on Craigslist. may just be a posting for my surface. I contacted the seller with a junk email account not connected to my name or surface. Finger crosses for justice.
    04-09-2013 04:22 PM
    Good luck! Hope its your surface so you can nail him! If its not I hope its a really great deal so you can replace and move on.
    04-09-2013 04:46 PM
    Have you tried search tempest. It is craigslist plus ebay and you set how far to search.

SearchTempest Online Classifieds Search - All the Classifieds. One Search.
    Wow, great idea to use Search Tempest. Never heard or tried it before, but I really like it. I found a few screaming deals, but most were in LA, and I'm in the SF Bay Area. I did find a good deal for a new one on eBay from a local seller... Someone bought it due to me waiting a day... Found another good deal today and pulled the trigger.

Got a 64GB Surface RT with touch cover for $596.50 shipped from So. CAL. Less than what I paid for my previous 32GB rt. I chose the 64GB because I don't want to worry about space... I didn't wotht jebotjer, but I saved docs to the SD card which is now stolen and unencrypted :|
    04-13-2013 02:02 PM
    Finally got my new surface rt! So happy to have it back too! I really missed, but I used my laptop more... Just not in the after hours in bed or on the couch browsing... That is where the surface beat the mobile warrior.

I opted for the 64 GB this time. No need for a micro SD, which I really did not have to use it on the other... I just did and now it is lost and someone else can flew its contents... Not even using on this time.

Thanks for the support friends.
    HeyCori likes this.
    04-18-2013 10:47 PM