USB Video Card & Windows RT

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know of a USB video card that will work with Windows RT?

I currently have a single monitor out with the mini-HDMI, but would like to do dual-monitors. I'm assuming I'll need a USB video card to accomplish this.

Does anyone know of a compatible one?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
So you would like to dual monitor but instead of having the RT as a second monitor, you'd treat the RT more like a desktop computer and have it output to two separate monitors? Am I getting that right?

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
So you would like to dual monitor but instead of having the RT as a second monitor, you'd treat the RT more like a desktop computer and have it output to two separate monitors? Am I getting that right?

Yes, that is correct. The reason I'm looking for this is because I will use remote desktop (via desktop mode) to connect to my VDI PC at work - which supports dual monitors.

johninsj

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know of a USB video card that will work with Windows RT?

I currently have a single monitor out with the mini-HDMI, but would like to do dual-monitors. I'm assuming I'll need a USB video card to accomplish this.

Does anyone know of a compatible one?

Two major problems:
Doesn't have USB 3.0. Doesn't support 3rd party drivers.
Unlikely anything would work.

randywintle

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I tried with my USB 3.0 dock but it doesn't work. The main issue is that with win8 these companies are requiring you to install an exe for the software, instead of it all being in windows update.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes