Fair price of used Surface RT?

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I am not trying to sell my surface yet. I want to know the fair price of it first. It is a 64gb Surface Rt with a black touch cover both in perfect condition. What would be a fair price for it today?

peacock93

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I just bought a pristine 32Gig Surface RT with Black Touch keyboard for $400. All original packaging and looks like it was never used. Still had the plastic film from Microsoft on the screen. 32s were running between $400 & $500 while 64s were between $500 & $600 on eBay. Hope this helps.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Sell it soon, prices are dropping. I put mine on CraigsList just to see the response and I got a ton. I have the box and all packing. Mine is the 32GB and I got it with the Touch cover. I later added the Type cover. I had it posted for $450.00.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Sell it soon, prices are dropping. I put mine on CraigsList just to see the response and I got a ton. I have the box and all packing. Mine is the 32GB and I got it with the Touch cover. I later added the Type cover. I had it posted for $450.00.

Do you think Surface RT will drop in price? So far, every other Windows RT machine has dropped in price except Surface RT. I think MS will retain its prices.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Do you think Surface RT will drop in price? So far, every other Windows RT machine has dropped in price except Surface RT. I think MS will retain its prices.

Good clarification, thanks. I think the Surface RT will remain at it's current price too. It's a premium build and a flagship type of device. The resale value is dropping though, which is normal for any device 6+ months old nowadays.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I think Microsoft is trying something they haven't yet. I call it the Apple. Maintain a higher price point, make your product look like a luxury item. Makes people want it more.

I firmly believe the average consumer believes that the cheaper the price tag, the cheaper the product is. Not always true though (ZuneHD vs iPod Touch)

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Good clarification, thanks. I think the Surface RT will remain at it's current price too. It's a premium build and a flagship type of device. The resale value is dropping though, which is normal for any device 6+ months old nowadays.

True.

I think Microsoft is trying something they haven't yet. I call it the Apple. Maintain a higher price point, make your product look like a luxury item. Makes people want it more.

I firmly believe the average consumer believes that the cheaper the price tag, the cheaper the product is. Not always true though (ZuneHD vs iPod Touch)

It certainly is starting to look that way isn't it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb