Surface RT - web apps

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey all - just thought I'd share a new experience I just had with my Surface RT - was scrolling through the Google Chrome web store (on my PC, because god forbid Google support Microsoft in any way....not to mention that without Microsoft, google probably wouldn't exist), and noticed that all of the Chrome Web apps have a web link associated with them. I was curious if this was a direct link to the web app, or something else - well either way, they work in the IE10 browser on the Surface RT as well.

Apps that I have been looking for for a while - I really no longer need (as long as im connected to the web that is - which is basically the same thing as using a chromebook I guess)

Some good links for web apps that you can pin to your start screen, that offer some added functionality - there are many, many more......explore, and see which ones work for you:

Photoshop tools - basically the same as the Photoshop Express app on an Ipad, or Android tablet
Photo Editor, Online Photo Editor, Photoshop Express | Photoshop.com

AutoCAD WS - Again - Ive been looking for this app to come to the Windows Store to no avail.....don't need it anymore (that being said, I could just use remote desktop and have full CAD...but the fact that it is working in a web based browser there is no reason why Autodesk shouldn't release an offline version for Windows 8
https://www.autocadws.com/login

Pixlr - this is way better than any mobile app - comparable to a slightly stripped down version of photoshop - again, maybe I could just use remote desktop and use Photoshop from my PC at work / home.....but gives some people an option other than the stripped down touch based apps in the store.
Photo editor online / free image editing direct in your browser - Pixlr.com

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Surface RT has run every Webapp ive thrown at it - Im not sure why IE doesn't have a web application store similar to how Chrome does - I know that IE doesn't allow extensions, etc.....but if you go to https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/apps in IE - you can go to any web applications website, and run the web app, just the same as you would on a chromebook - you cannot install the app in IE, but you can pin the webapp startpage to your start screen, which is essentially the same thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo