Windows goes galactic

Revealed: Samsung's Surface Pro-like Galaxy Book, running Windows 10

We made some changes

Our new forums are here!

Saving money on data

Mint SIM is the perfect way to get cheap data in the U.S.

Don't count Windows Phone out just yet

Dead? Psh. Here are 5 reasons to stick with Windows 10 Mobile

VPN vs. Proxy

The difference between a proxy and a VPN

Latitude attitude

Dell Latitude 7280 is a business laptop with tons of consumer attitude

4K all the way

You probably don't NEED a 4K webcam, but we love Logitech's BRIO 4K anyway

Long live Windows phone

Contrary to popular belief, Windows phone won't die anytime soon

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. berty6294's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,339 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,354 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    So I've found a dead pixel on my surface... only thing is, its only dead on certain pages or apps. For instance, when I have Netflix in snapped view it is dead, but not in full screen. All web pages it is dead, except when I bring the onscreen keyboard up. On start screen, twitter app, and desktop the pixel is working fine. When I snap an app to the side, if the pixel is in the empty blue side it becomes dead until I touch the screen anywhere.

    Is this strange behavior? Is there an explanation for this? lol
  2. HeyCori's Avatar
    Mod Emeritus

    Posts
    6,130 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,179 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    I had the same thing happened a few weeks ago. I reset my device, haven't seen it since. There's a wiki page about the different type of defective pixels.
  3. berty6294's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,339 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,354 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyCori View Post
    I had the same thing happened a few weeks ago. I reset my device, haven't seen it since. There's a wiki page about the different type of defective pixels.
    Hard reset or soft reset? Cause I've done many hard resets since I first noticed this like 3 months ago
  4. HeyCori's Avatar
    Mod Emeritus

    Posts
    6,130 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,179 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4  
    I just used the Restart option
  5. berty6294's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,339 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,354 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyCori View Post
    I just used the Restart option
    Yeah I've tried that. I think I'm going to reset the software and if that doesn't work, I'll check and see what Microsoft can do for me!
  6. Derausgewanderte's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,544 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,576 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    Yeah I've tried that. I think I'm going to reset the software and if that doesn't work, I'll check and see what Microsoft can do for me!
    I called (chat) Microsoft and they set me up with a close by MS Store for an exchange. Walked into the store and got it replaced with new Surface RT - no questions asked (MS Store Cincinnati, Kenwood Mall). The dead pixel on my RT was always there. I tried two different apps to remove the pixel, but apparently it was not a stuck pixel, but a dead pixel. Backed up my stuff in MS store to skydrive and walked out with a shiny new one after a checked it thoroughly for pixel and other problems.
    I understand this assumes that you have an MS store close by. They should exchange it through website as well. It may take a week between shipping out current and receiving new one through.
  7. berty6294's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,339 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,354 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Derausgewanderte View Post
    I called (chat) Microsoft and they set me up with a close by MS Store for an exchange. Walked into the store and got it replaced with new Surface RT - no questions asked (MS Store Cincinnati, Kenwood Mall). The dead pixel on my RT was always there. I tried two different apps to remove the pixel, but apparently it was not a stuck pixel, but a dead pixel. Backed up my stuff in MS store to skydrive and walked out with a shiny new one after a checked it thoroughly for pixel and other problems.
    I understand this assumes that you have an MS store close by. They should exchange it through website as well. It may take a week between shipping out current and receiving new one through.
    Yeh none nearby, and if I need to ship it I'll have to wait till summer vacation. My Surface is a necessity for school!

Similar Threads

  1. Fake Dead Pixel
    By mase123987 in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RT
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-29-2012, 06:40 AM
  2. HTC Titan first dead pixel
    By BucDan in forum HTC TITAN
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-08-2012, 09:49 PM
  3. long visible lines kind of like dead pixels
    By pdangcil in forum HTC TITAN
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-21-2011, 11:47 PM
  4. Dead pixels,Hiss sound?
    By cyrus_the_great in forum HTC TITAN
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-03-2011, 02:15 AM
  5. Stuck (not dead) pixels
    By Luisraul924 in forum HTC HD 7 / 7s
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-19-2011, 12:52 AM

Posting Permissions

";