Strange Dead Pixel Behavior...

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
So I've found a dead pixel on my surface... only thing is, its only dead on certain pages or apps. For instance, when I have Netflix in snapped view it is dead, but not in full screen. All web pages it is dead, except when I bring the onscreen keyboard up. On start screen, twitter app, and desktop the pixel is working fine. When I snap an app to the side, if the pixel is in the empty blue side it becomes dead until I touch the screen anywhere.

Is this strange behavior? Is there an explanation for this? lol

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I had the same thing happened a few weeks ago. I reset my device, haven't seen it since. There's a wiki page about the different type of defective pixels.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I've tried that. I think I'm going to reset the software and if that doesn't work, I'll check and see what Microsoft can do for me!
I called (chat) Microsoft and they set me up with a close by MS Store for an exchange. Walked into the store and got it replaced with new Surface RT - no questions asked (MS Store Cincinnati, Kenwood Mall). The dead pixel on my RT was always there. I tried two different apps to remove the pixel, but apparently it was not a stuck pixel, but a dead pixel. Backed up my stuff in MS store to skydrive and walked out with a shiny new one after a checked it thoroughly for pixel and other problems.
I understand this assumes that you have an MS store close by. They should exchange it through website as well. It may take a week between shipping out current and receiving new one through.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I called (chat) Microsoft and they set me up with a close by MS Store for an exchange. Walked into the store and got it replaced with new Surface RT - no questions asked (MS Store Cincinnati, Kenwood Mall). The dead pixel on my RT was always there. I tried two different apps to remove the pixel, but apparently it was not a stuck pixel, but a dead pixel. Backed up my stuff in MS store to skydrive and walked out with a shiny new one after a checked it thoroughly for pixel and other problems.
I understand this assumes that you have an MS store close by. They should exchange it through website as well. It may take a week between shipping out current and receiving new one through.

Yeh none nearby, and if I need to ship it I'll have to wait till summer vacation. My Surface is a necessity for school!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos