Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1.    #1  
    So I've found a dead pixel on my surface... only thing is, its only dead on certain pages or apps. For instance, when I have Netflix in snapped view it is dead, but not in full screen. All web pages it is dead, except when I bring the onscreen keyboard up. On start screen, twitter app, and desktop the pixel is working fine. When I snap an app to the side, if the pixel is in the empty blue side it becomes dead until I touch the screen anywhere.

Is this strange behavior? Is there an explanation for this? lol
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,275 Global Posts
    I had the same thing happened a few weeks ago. I reset my device, haven't seen it since. There's a wiki page about the different type of defective pixels.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyCori View Post
    I had the same thing happened a few weeks ago. I reset my device, haven't seen it since. There's a wiki page about the different type of defective pixels.
    Hard reset or soft reset? Cause I've done many hard resets since I first noticed this like 3 months ago
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,275 Global Posts
    I just used the Restart option
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyCori View Post
    I just used the Restart option
    Yeah I've tried that. I think I'm going to reset the software and if that doesn't work, I'll check and see what Microsoft can do for me!

Global Posts
    617 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    Yeah I've tried that. I think I'm going to reset the software and if that doesn't work, I'll check and see what Microsoft can do for me!
    I called (chat) Microsoft and they set me up with a close by MS Store for an exchange. Walked into the store and got it replaced with new Surface RT - no questions asked (MS Store Cincinnati, Kenwood Mall). The dead pixel on my RT was always there. I tried two different apps to remove the pixel, but apparently it was not a stuck pixel, but a dead pixel. Backed up my stuff in MS store to skydrive and walked out with a shiny new one after a checked it thoroughly for pixel and other problems.
    I understand this assumes that you have an MS store close by. They should exchange it through website as well. It may take a week between shipping out current and receiving new one through.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Derausgewanderte View Post
    I called (chat) Microsoft and they set me up with a close by MS Store for an exchange. Walked into the store and got it replaced with new Surface RT - no questions asked (MS Store Cincinnati, Kenwood Mall). The dead pixel on my RT was always there. I tried two different apps to remove the pixel, but apparently it was not a stuck pixel, but a dead pixel. Backed up my stuff in MS store to skydrive and walked out with a shiny new one after a checked it thoroughly for pixel and other problems.
    I understand this assumes that you have an MS store close by. They should exchange it through website as well. It may take a week between shipping out current and receiving new one through.
    Yeh none nearby, and if I need to ship it I'll have to wait till summer vacation. My Surface is a necessity for school!