Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. cgk

Global Posts
    7,830 Global Posts
    Today Microsoft announced a new program that will see schools around the world able to purchase the company’s Surface RT tablet hybrid in bulk at a reduced per-unit rate.
    The program is quite simple: Surface devices will be sold to schools at low prices. The restriction is that only the 32 gigabyte, Windows RT-based model is part of the program. Here are the prices schools will be offered:
    Surface RT (32GB) – $199 USD (Estimated Retail Price is $499)
    Surface RT (32GB) with Touch Keyboard Cover – $249 USD (Estimated Retail Price is $599)
    Surface RT (32GB) with Type Keyboard Cover – $289 USD (Estimated Retail Price is $629)
    As you can see, those discounts stretch past the 50% mark. The program will last from today, June 17 to August 31, 2013. Both K-12 schools and universities are eligible. The following countries are where the program is active:
    Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China (via Digital China), Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, and the United States.
    Microsoft introduces global program to sell massively discounted Surface RT tablets to schools - The Next Web

I'm still not seeing a need for one but might of interest to fellow forum members connected to education or who are students.

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Wow, that's nice. I wonder how a student would take advantage of this promotion. Anyone have further details on how to order one with the said discounts?

Lumia 925 w/ 8.1 on T-Mobile
    Xbox One: AbsoluteZerow

3. cgk

Global Posts
    7,830 Global Posts
    Better story than landfill I guess.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyfiive View Post
    Wow, that's nice. I wonder how a student would take advantage of this promotion. Anyone have further details on how to order one with the said discounts?
    Yeah, I'm wondering too. I think its only for bulk orders, though.

Edit: It's only for schools, and not available to individuals... According to The Verge.
    http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/17/44...l-discount-199