- 07-01-2013, 02:16 PM #1
Something isn't working right on my Outlook RT. I'm not sure if I put in a wrong setting somewhere or if my work's Exchange server just isn't accepting the connection, but whatever the case I can't run Outlook at all now.
When it comes up it asks for my credentials. It then fails and asks for the Exchange server and mailbox name verification. That fails as well then whether I cancel or proceed, Outlook claims my .ost file doesn't exist and closes out. So my issues are:
I can't open Outlook far enough to access settings.
I can't uninstall/reinstall Outlook RT.
Does anybody have any ideas I can try? I'm not going to do a refresh just for Outlook I don't think, and even if I did since my application settings are saved to SkyDrive I don't know if that would resolve anything.
- 07-01-2013, 02:31 PM #2
- 07-02-2013, 01:29 PM #4
The ost file path doesn't even exist. I wonder if something didn't finish in the setup, or if it was waiting for a successful login to complete setup. I may set up a dummy path and file and see what happens.
- 07-04-2013, 08:39 PM #5
1) I've not had that issue.
2) Check out OneNote Blog - Windows 8.1 Preview and a workaround for your favorite Win+S shortcut key
3) That sounds odd. I just fired up Outlook as normal, pointed it at my Exchange server, all good. Then added my Outlook.com account, all seems to be working OK. I haven't checked, but is the usual hold CTRL and right-click the system tray Outlook icon to show the (Test) Connection Status tool there in this verison? Might be worth seeing if any errors are shown.
4) I've not noticed that.
5) Yep. Seems to be a widespread issue. There's some potential fixes including resetting the cache (run wsreset.exe from a command prompt) or clearing the Downloaded Program Files folder (at your own risk etc).
6) I unmounted my SD card folder and then added the locations to Libraries and it seemed to work OK for me.
- 07-12-2013, 09:13 AM #6
07-15-2013, 03:05 PM #7
- 20 Posts
- 07-17-2013, 04:51 PM #10
- By DaveGx in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 11Last Post: 01-18-2014, 10:43 AM
- By MilkyTee in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 7Last Post: 12-21-2013, 06:13 PM
- By Rajat Saxena in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 2Last Post: 09-19-2013, 01:44 PM
- By paddylaz in forum Nokia Lumia 925Replies: 8Last Post: 07-29-2013, 12:36 PM
- By msdugn in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 1Last Post: 07-01-2013, 11:51 AM