New to surface rt, what to do first

bsmithphoto13

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Ok guys, got my surface rt a couple of days ago and love it. I've downloaded a handful of apps so far and customized a little here and there, but I'm still new to it. So, what should I do next? What apps are must haves? Any suggestions are welcome!

jbjtkbw007

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I got the Surface Pro 128 from work. Here are some of the first things I did:

Showed it off to the fiance. Now, she wants to sell her 3rd gen iPad and get a Surface RT.

I haven't opened up the laptop at home since.

I take it out in public and show it off and have had more people ask me about it than my Lumia 920.

Those are few things that I've done. Now, I just need a type cover. :)

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I advise against showing it to your better half if you want to use it yourself.

The first month of owning the Surface RT the only times I got to use it was when I took it with me to university cos she was still asleep at that time lol.

Anyways, I'd make sure you get all the updates installed (dont just use the "modern UI" update checking, but also the control panel version).

bsmithphoto13

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
haha thanks for the info guys... my fianc? seems to be pretty interested in it (she is an apple fangirl... well at least was one until I brought the RT home haha). So far I have been bouncing between my laptop and RT but to be fair, I did get them both within a two day span. I was able to get the RT within the Microsoft timeframe so I was able to get the touch cover for free. I will say that after a little getting used to, that I am able to type pretty easily on it! So far I am really enjoying my new toys!

bsmithphoto13

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
haha yeah, im not sure if I want to put 8.1 on there just yet. im thinking that I will learn how to use it wll first before I change it up!

CDiS99

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if you're a music fan, but you could start dumping your music onto your Surface for offline listening. If you have a 64 GB, you could store is locally (depending on the size of your collection, of course). If you have 32 GB and don't want use up the space, do as someone mentioned above and get it on an mini SD, google the indexing instructions, and start hacking away.

Also, if you have a Windows Phone, look into XBox Music and XBox Music Pass.

Have fun!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb