8.1 Preview - Tegra 3 battery saver core enabled?

mrpuny

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone heard anything about the Tegra 3 5th battery saver core being enabled in the RT 8.1 preview? Support for the 5th core has supposedly been in development, and there were rumors a few months ago that it was getting close, but still nothing as far as I can tell. Given how long it's taking, I've been wondering if there was some incompatibility discovered that required a system/kernel update to resolve.

iampwd

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Haven't heard anything but that could explain the sod (not waking up after sleep) I'm getting now and then.

Sent from my GT-I8750 using Tapatalk

johninsj

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone heard anything about the Tegra 3 5th battery saver core being enabled in the RT 8.1 preview?
Battery life is unchanged for me, so I would suspect not in this version of the preview. That doesn't mean it's not going to be enabled (or that it is - I haven't heard any rumors either way)

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Haven't heard anything but that could explain the sod (not waking up after sleep) I'm getting now and then.

Sent from my GT-I8750 using Tapatalk

I've turned off sleep mode. Seems to have fixed the problem. Hitting the power button still shuts the screen off.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't think they have enabled it...and I'm starting to think unless Nvidia gets the tegra4 into a 2nd gen tablet they aren't going to get this support built into Win8.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit