Type cover slow reconnect

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone else was running into a problem where the keyboard takes a while to start to work after it is reattached or flipped to where it would actually work. If this is just a Windows 8.1 issue, that's all well and good. If this is a settings issue, that's also all well and good. If this is an issue with the type cover, that's definitely not good.

I don't know if this is a hardware or software issue.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I assume you are running 8.1 from what you said. Did you upgrade from 8? Was the type cover doing that before the upgrade?

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Yup its happening to me. Sometimes it just wont even recognize the cover at all after waking from sleep. I have to restart the RT. I am running 8.1 with both touch and type cover and both show same symptoms.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Yup its happening to me. Sometimes it just wont even recognize the cover at all after waking from sleep. I have to restart the RT. I am running 8.1 with both touch and type cover and both show same symptoms.

At least I know it isn't my type cover going bad. That would be terrible.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I also have Touch cover only, but havn't had these issues, but havnt upgraded to 8.1. either though. I had some issues with it not recognizing the touch cover at all until you took it out and reconnected when I bought the device, but I havnt had that problem in a loooong time after some updates arrived on the Surface RT.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb