How to stream media files from Surface RT to Denon?

saputraj

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Guys,

Just got myself a 64GB Surface RT last Sunday. So far so good. It's a bit laggy compared to my Vaio Duo, but I love it.

I have a Denon AVR 3312 Receiver which support DLNA & Airplay. I can easily stream my Galaxy Note 2 flawlessly via the default Music Player. Similarly, I can easily stream my iPad/iPhone content via Airplay.

For my Vaio Duo, I can use iTunes to stream via Airplay or set it up as a Media Server so I can browse my media from my Denon.

Can anyone share how to stream my media content from my RT to my receiver? Is it possible to do it without the need of third party software?

Or Do I need equivalent applications such as PlayTo or iTunes?

Thanks

Need4Geek

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
With your Vaio Duo you can set up a HomeGroup and share the multimedia content you want. Just open Change PC settings from the charms bar, tap HomeGroup and select the libraries you want to share. You can also create a new HomeGroup if you don't have one.
When you have set up your HomeGroup, you can stream content to your receiver via Devices or via File Explorer (using Play To).

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I am now able to send music stored on my Surface to my Denon receiver. Unfortunately, I can't stream Xbox Music Pass songs, too.

I am really liking Xbox music pass, but MS has to make it easier to listen to it on more platforms. It's a pretty expensive service to be limited to my phone, tablet, and PC - music should be heard on a real set of speakers.

I know a bit off topic, but I'm sure I'm not the only person that is looking for a solution to this.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
That's a thought. But, I don't want to add another piece of hardware. I have a space saved for an Xbox One this fall and I am assuming I'll be able to stream Xbox Music Pass through it.

I still have my fingers crossed that I'll be able to send it to my sonos system some time soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3