RT touch browser and this site

howiewolverine

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I have trouble using this site with my Surface. Pages often don't load correctly, and links often don't work. This is particularly the case in the forums. Anyone else?

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
YES, I thought I was the only one. It's really weird. Opening it on the Desktop works fine, however, so when you're having problems tap the wrench in the lower right corner and select "View on Desktop".

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
mine worked on desktop but often got stuck in Metro. Since I added some tracking filters to block ads it worked fine in metro ui as well. hope that helps somebody else as well.
go to settings (gear wheel), safety, tracking protection, get tracking protection online and choose EasyList Standard and EasyList Privacy (those are the ones that I have).
restart the browser and see if that helps (make sure you restart both desktop and metro IE).
cheers

howiewolverine

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. This seems to help. If you don't mind my asking, how did you know which of the filters to use? I'm not familiar with any of those services.

TIA

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. This seems to help. If you don't mind my asking, how did you know which of the filters to use? I'm not familiar with any of those services.

TIA

I followed this from another site (SurfaceGeeks) to prevent most of the ads from loading and faster web browsing. I then noticed that a few sites that weren't working at all started working. The post suggested the EasyList and they worked for me. Other sites that were not loading because of heavy use of flash were suddenly working as well. I guess flash does not play nicely and prevents the page from fully loading, mostly in the Modern UI IE.
the EasyList is also linked from the MS site:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/products/ie-9/features/tracking-protection

don't forget to hit the Thanks button ;)

Last edited:

berryaddictnoza

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
mine worked on desktop but often got stuck in Metro. Since I added some tracking filters to block ads it worked fine in metro ui as well. hope that helps somebody else as well.
go to settings (gear wheel), safety, tracking protection, get tracking protection online and choose EasyList Standard and EasyList Privacy (those are the ones that I have).
restart the browser and see if that helps (make sure you restart both desktop and metro IE).
cheers

WOW, this works great! The directions are for the browser in desktop mode, great find

Nyrup

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I just get a 404 page when I try to load the online tracking protection list. Tried it both on my Surface RT an my laptop running W8.

EDIT: I think the problem is with the danish link, in IE. If I go to Internet Explorer Galleri I can add the list. If others have the same problem in another language change da-dk in the link to e. g. en-us for the US site. Example Internet Explorer Gallery

Last edited:

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
you HAVE to install no tracking lists for this site to work on Surface.

that is pretty sad really....but it just goes to show you how badly this site and others are tracking you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven