199 surface rt and apps

donebrasko

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm a teacher and they are offering 32gb rts for $199. Should I get it? And how good are the apps? Can you use wp8 apps on the rt like IOS and android?

donebrasko

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Oh this is for me lol. I teach middle school special ed. Wouldn't it make sense for wp8 apps to work on rt? I have a 928 that is all I need

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Oh this is for me lol. I teach middle school special ed. Wouldn't it make sense for wp8 apps to work on rt? I have a 928 that is all I need

And, just to make sure, what do you plan to specifically use it for?

199$ is probably a good enough price regardless, but I'd like to give you the best advice that I can give you.

As for why WP apps with WRT apps don't work, it's because of the different sets of API. This might change in the future, I'm almost certain that it will eventually, but it isn't there yet. For Windows RT, and Windows 8, apps it is called WinRT and for Windows Phones it is WinPRT or Windows Phone RT. WinRT API can apparently do more, I'm not sure.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
absolutely get it. I passed this on to some other schools and they are mouldering over it vs buying ipads that cost 2-3x as much....I mean REALLY?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
lol and here I thought you were announcing a sale price available to the public.

What type of apps are you looking for?

donebrasko

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Coming from Android I'm used to putting an apps on my phone and then my I was expecting to do the same with rt. I thought it would have rt apps plus wp8. I have an unopened new nexus 7. I think im taking it back.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm a teacher and they are offering 32gb rts for $199. Should I get it? And how good are the apps? Can you use wp8 apps on the rt like IOS and android?
I am a researcher and use the Surface RT for presentations, writing papers and budgeting. It comes with a full version of MS Office and I believe that OneNote is a good app for planning and scheduling in a teaching environment. It works great as a presentation device, I had never problems projecting from PowerPoint to larger screens or projectors. If they'd offer this for $200 to me I'd buy 3 for my family ;). That is a steal and I am glad to see that MS decided to make that move for schools and universities.
You got Office and OneNote on your WP8 and with SkyDrive it's as transparent as it gets to edit, look at or share files with either your Surface RT or WP8. I've practiced PPT presentations on the plane on my phone that I just edited on my Surface RT...etc.

Back to school with technology's perfect tablet: The Microsoft Surface | ZDNet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6