Can RT Tablets Handle Zip & Rar Files?

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible to open rar dikes and zip files using the rt tablet? I'm waiting for the new tablets to be announced and I really don't see why anyone would pay for the rt tablet when they could get a pro tablet. This is one major feature in unsure about that would keep me from getting the RT.

Is this possible on rt?

Sent from my Nokia 928 using Tapatalk

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Yeah, 8zip is great, and besides zip and rar, also supports 7z, tar.gz, cab, and iso (maybe others too, but I haven't had the need to open anything else).

There are a few other options, but when I was looking, 8zip was the best one. It also supports password-protected files and multi-volume archives too.

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Some people from xda had found a way to install some desktop apps to Windows RT (jailbreak?) and they ported 7zip to RT. It should be able to extract multi part archives.
however, while their jailbreak works with Windows RT 8, it doesn't currently working with 8.1. Maybe they will find a way to jailbreak 8.1 RT soon.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
what u mean by multi file rars are u sayinng like a album with multiple mp3 files i one rar file?

I think he means RARs that are split into multiple RARs.

I've seen a couple that do that.

It's like:

NAMEOFSTUFF.Part1.rar
NAMEOFSTUFF.Part2.rar
NAMEOFSTUFF.Part3.rar

and you have to have all of them to unrar at once.

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
what u mean by multi file rars are u sayinng like a album with multiple mp3 files i one rar file?
I think he means RARs that are split into multiple RARs.
I've seen a couple that do that.
It's like:
NAMEOFSTUFF.Part1.rar
NAMEOFSTUFF.Part2.rar
NAMEOFSTUFF.Part3.rar
and you have to have all of them to unrar at once.
Exactly that.
All of the ones I've tried do not recognise the other parts of the file :|

For example I create a multi-part rar file using PeaZip on the PC (it calls them ABCXYZ.001.rar, ABCXYZ.002.rar, ABCXYZ.003.rar), then copy these files to the surface (RT), and I can't find any way of piecing them back together again.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720