External Rechargeable Battery for Surface RT?

rabilancia

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I travel extensively and am frequently away from power sources. Accordingly, I'm looking for a rechargeable external battery to recharge my Surface RT when necessary.

This morning, I came across this item: Digipower Rechargeable Battery for Laptops & Mobile Devices and it got me thinking. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could get this, or something else, working with the magnetic connector to my Surface RT?

Thanks in advance,
Rich

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
You are probably better off looking for a battery pack that you can plug the charger into. Ive no idea if they exist, but its worth a shot.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You can get adapters that will take current from a car's cigar lighter/power outlet to a domestic socket. I've used one of these quite a bit while I've been camping.

infinidim

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I travel extensively and am frequently away from power sources. Accordingly, I'm looking for a rechargeable external battery to recharge my Surface RT when necessary.

This morning, I came across this item: Digipower Rechargeable Battery for Laptops & Mobile Devices and it got me thinking. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could get this, or something else, working with the magnetic connector to my Surface RT?

Thanks in advance,
Rich

I think that the issue will be the magnetic connector on the Surface RT. Does anybody know a source of them, also what voltage are on which pins?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes