IE11 crashing constantly after upgrading to 8.1

Julio Santana

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I haven't been having problems with IE or windows 8.1 in general I brouse and use pc with no problems. However I noticed that when I use youtube, it freezes on me when im using IE but when im using chrome it works fine. Its kinda strange cuz when I first upgraged to windows 8.1, it was working fine. It started to act up a little after I few weeks. I know I downloaded some upgrades yesterday but im not sure if that's the couse.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Browsing is now like treacle. Home page setting is ignored and it seems to open last used web page lord knows why.

I suspect you're not closing the IE app all the way. In Metro, when you swipe down to close and app, you have to hold it at the bottom for approx.. 3 seconds for the tile to flip over. Then it is closed. Otherwise, it opens up where you left off.

pethomps

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: IE11 crashing constantly

If IE11 works for anyone, please let us all know the secret. I teach CS at local college and not one student out of all my classes has not had continuous crashes. My guess is those who claim it works are from Microsoft.:cry:

prlundberg

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: IE11 crashing constantly

If IE11 works for anyone, please let us all know the secret. I teach CS at local college and not one student out of all my classes has not had continuous crashes. My guess is those who claim it works are from Microsoft.:cry:

If you could let us know what you are doing when it crashes somebody could possibly provide more help. Since I turned on tracking protection lists I haven't had hardly any issues. I do have to disable it once in awhile for embedded videos and such, which slows things down a bit. But the only time I have trouble seems to be on WatchESPN. There is some random stuff once in awhile, but nothing "continuous".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss