anybody sold their RT for the 2520?

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Anybody sell their Surface RT and buy the 2520 or even bought the 2520 and kept their RT?

My RT works fine. I wouldn't activate the 2520 on another line and would only use it on Wifi, just like I do now with my RT. My sensible side says there is no reason to sell the RT and buy the 2520. The other side says "Man that 2520 looks nice! I really want it."

I'm trying to decide if it is worth the time to sell the RT and buy the 2520. Anybody faced this delima and how did you decide.

Yes, money is a concern. I cannot just go out and buy another tablet. I would have to sell my RT to offset the cost of the 2520.

Thanks

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Biggest problem right now is the value of an RT on the used market. I looked at Craigslist to see what people were asking, they were all $300+...no one is going to pay that, stores have them all over the place for $200 via black Friday deals...

I would not ditch an RT to get a tablet one year newer unless your money was on fire and that was the only way to extinguish it.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Biggest problem right now is the value of an RT on the used market. I looked at Craigslist to see what people were asking, they were all $300+...no one is going to pay that, stores have them all over the place for $200 via black Friday deals...

Yeah that was what I was thinking too. It's just that stupid bug bite itching for the new shiny toy.

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
If you have money to spare by all means get the 2520, I would not be selling the Surface though, because the best you would get for it now is probably $100, since new ones are $200, so not worth selling it.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
If you have money to spare by all means get the 2520, I would not be selling the Surface though, because the best you would get for it now is probably $100, since new ones are $200, so not worth selling it.

Yeah, I cant just go out and buy the 2520. Would be nice, but not feasible or financially responsible.

Thanks.

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I cant just go out and buy the 2520. Would be nice, but not feasible or financially responsible.

Thanks.

I am glad there are still people out there who think about financial stability before rushing out and buying everything they want.

WillysJeepMan

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
I'll offer a contrary opinion.

True, with all the Black Friday deals going on with the RT it will be tough to get a good price for the RT. However, wait 2 weeks. When the frenzy of black friday has died down and acquaintances of people who DID buy an RT on black friday see what they could've had for $199, they will want to buy one, but won't be willing to spend $349 for one. THAT is when you could sell yours for $200-$250 (depending upon condition). Obviously it's just my opinion, but I did predict months ago that the RT would be a black friday door buster item at quite a few places. Just sayin' :winktongue:

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site

True, with all the Black Friday deals going on with the RT it will be tough to get a good price for the RT. However, wait 2 weeks. When the frenzy of black friday has died down and acquaintances of people who DID buy an RT on black friday see what they could've had for $199, they will want to buy one, but won't be willing to spend $349 for one. THAT is when you could sell yours for $200-$250 (depending upon condition). Obviously it's just my opinion, but I did predict months ago that the RT would be a black friday door buster item at quite a few places. Just sayin' :winktongue:

Keep in mind that Microsoft has the $200 offer until I believe the 2nd of December, so those who missed it on Black Friday, might still catch it at a Microsoft store.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

I will agree with you on this. Unfortunately, $200-$250 is still waaaay to low for what I would need to get out of it. And I realize what I need to get out of it is not likely. I know that regardless of how new the device is, the technology is what your paying for. I see this on a regular basis on our local barter and trade pages on Facebook, with people trying to sell an iPhone 4. The phone may have been purchased new a couple months ago, but the technology in it is quickly being outdated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos