Volume up button doesn't work normally

mms-pc

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I've been using my Surface RT 32GB tablet for nearly 10 month, recently I discover that the volume up button reacts pretty sluggish, unlike volume down button, which works fine and reacts quickly, I must push and hold the volume up button for some while, or keep pushing the button several times to make it work.

Honestly I don't think of myself as using volume up and down very often, I'm pretty sure I use my Surface RT pretty normal. Does anyone else experience the same issue?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
While I don't have a Surface RT, I have a Lumia 620 that experienced the same problem (which was thankfully fixed by just removing and putting the shell back on.)

This looks to be a repair-worthy problem should you be annoyed enough by it.

My advice is keep the device for a while or until just before the warranty runs out before looking for a replacement if it doesn't bother you.

mms-pc

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I think at this moment I can legally declare that the volume up button is dead, no more response no matter how I try to press/push or hold on to it, and every time I want to adjust the volume, I must swipe from right edge of the screen to summon the setting.........

tgillan

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
My volume down button stopped working/worked infrequently. I sent it in for repair and MS sent me a new unit. I'd recommend doing the same if it's still covered under warranty.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99