HELP! Issue with Surface Touch Cover

ians18

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I just got off the phone with the Surface Tech Support who told me my only option was to go to the store or pay $80 and send my touch cover in to get it repaired. It has split at the seam along the center at the top where the top of the touch cover has detached from the plastic "spine". This exposed the ribbon cable, which apparently tore after a couple days of easy use. In addition, the corners at the top of the touch cover have also become unglued over the past month. Unfortunately, my touch cover's warranty expired 3 months ago and I am not eligible for repair even though Microsoft has acknowledged the issue. This is the original cover that came with the Surface bundle (black touch cover), which I preordered. I have never replaced it. Plus, my power cord has become bent on the end and if you insert it a certain way it makes the screen go on and off. I COULD take it into the store and MAYBE they will give me credit for a touch cover 2? What are your thoughts?

Surface tablet's Touch Cover splits at seam, users gripe - CNET
touch cover corner fray and split - Microsoft Community

Brad and Ellen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
We've never had an issue while in or out of warranty at our Microsoft Store. Take it back and get your replacement and/or in-store credit. We've returned our Surface in warranty, not even a question. We returned our power cable out of warranty, they didn't even blink, here's your replacement sir, sorry fro the trouble and we hope to see you again. The problem with most is they don't know how to talk to these folks and go in angry or with some ridiculous sense of entitlement. Just be kind, tell them your sob story, and (this is important) ask them how 'they' can help 'you.' 'Can you please help me out here? My wife is some upset and you would be doing me a huge favour if you could work something out for me.' That line has never failed me returning anything. Store's with a no cash back return policy, shoes I've worn outside, games I've opened, it doesn't matter, they all go back.

Good luck!

Sent from our Surface RT.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett