Still a good time to buy?

anon(8407492)

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, im currently owning a galaxy tab 3 10.1 mainly used for youtube and video watching. Nothing else. It just kinda bothered me that the slow and ugly android ui is around it. I want a tablet with a nice screen and the capacity of playing 720p+ video formats. I came across a second hand surface rt 64gb model with touch type cover for less then 180 dollars (converted from euros). It's in very good shape and has no scratches on it. Will this tablet satisfy my needs as media watcher that wants nice and beautiful transitions as well decent build quality? (Samsung builds suck)

An other point that bothers me is that this device is pretty darn old considering its from 2012. Is this a good device? Does it run modern combat 5? (been playing it on my Lumia 1320) and will this tablet still last another year or 2 before its completely outdated for my requirements?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
RT is a good buy for the next 2-3 years. After which time it'll be updated with some other technology. Probably some flavor of bluestacks.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I just purchased the Nokia version known as the 2520. It's a 10" RT tablet as well. I keep reading that RT and Windows Phone OS's will be joined into one and the same apps will run on both. To me, this would be a winner. Hopefully it will also be able to run the Office 2013 suite of programs; be able to sync between phone and tablet with relative ease.

If all these things or just some of them happen; great. If not, then I'll use it for all the things this tablet was intended for. As far as age, The hardware is very hearty and with the combination of phone and tablet, there just may be some software upgrades as well. Not promising.

Philip Hamm

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I just got an original Surface RT a month or so ago and I really love it. The price you quote is great, I say go for it. You'll need "Hyper" the YouTube client app.

Jonathanmr7

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Same situation here... But in my country price are 400$ it's good ? Buying from amazon with tax sale in 320$ but there's no warranty obviously, so its almost the same price but I dk...
Edit: forgot to mention I guess I can get a 10% discount with the 400$

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb