Continuum Touchscreen Tablet & Continuum Laptop Pre-Order UPDATED

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawaiiantech

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
UPDATE: It's now shipping worldwide. Free for a limited time.

Startup ProDock just started their IGG campaign and are offering discounts on 2 products.
http://igg.me/at/prodocklt
ProDock | Tablets & Laptops

1. A Wireless Touchscreen Continuum Tablet. (Been waiting a long time for something like this!:love:)
10.1" screen, powerful battery, multi-touch capacitive screen. Compatible with Windows 10/Mobile (obviously) and Android.
Retail: $199 Deal: $149 + free shipping

tabsq640_eepfrc.png

2. A Continuum Laptop
Similar to Nexdock. 14" screen, battery, full size keyboard, and trackpad.
Nice thing is it has usb-c connectivity built in for new Lumia phones and pretty much all new phones going forward. No adaptors, no Bluetooth pairing, plug and play.
For older devices or iOS it also has standard HDMI input and usb 3.0.
Compatible with Windows 10/Mobile, Android, iOS, or pretty much anything with HDMI.
A wireless version is also available :shocked:
Retail: $149 Deal: $99 + Free shipping for first 100 orders.

Last edited:

anon(2523636)

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: Continuum Touchscreen Tablet & Continuum Laptop Pre-Order

shame it is only a 1366x768 screen - seems a bit of a waste having an HD screen on my phone and conecting it to a bigger screen that has a lower res than the phone.

hawaiiantech

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site

I don?t think the point of Continuum is to have high end graphics. It adds a measure of productivity to your phone by adding a desktop interface on a second screen. Unfortunately continuum on phone doesn't allow for a lot of customization. Like when using continuum wirelessly you only get 2 different resolutions, minimum 720p or max 1080p. Both are lower resolutions than your phone. And although you can control font size, windows automatically scales everything (like the taskbar, background, and stuff) to either the 720 or 1080.

That ProDock TAB is 1366x768. I think that's adequate for a 10 incher since continuum will default to 720 and the lcd will scale it up to 768. If it was 1080 then I think things like the taskbar might be too small. Just my opinion.

As for the 14" laptop models, I agree they could go with a higher resolution. Nexdock advertised a 1366x768 resolution. But I haven't heard what ever happened with that. Super book just upgraded to 1080p. Maybe prodock will hear us and do the same. They just started their campaign.

mstrblueskys

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site

I don’t think the point of Continuum is to have high end graphics. It adds a measure of productivity to your phone by adding a desktop interface on a second screen. Unfortunately continuum on phone doesn't allow for a lot of customization. Like when using continuum wirelessly you only get 2 different resolutions, minimum 720p or max 1080p. Both are lower resolutions than your phone. And although you can control font size, windows automatically scales everything (like the taskbar, background, and stuff) to either the 720 or 1080.

That ProDock TAB is 1366x768. I think that's adequate for a 10 incher since continuum will default to 720 and the lcd will scale it up to 768. If it was 1080 then I think things like the taskbar might be too small. Just my opinion.

As for the 14" laptop models, I agree they could go with a higher resolution. Nexdock advertised a 1366x768 resolution. But I haven't heard what ever happened with that. Super book just upgraded to 1080p. Maybe prodock will hear us and do the same. They just started their campaign.

This looks identical to the NexDock except it has better connectivity.

Kind of makes me regret the NexDock since I have to ship it back to fix the board.

This looks awesome. And after using my NexDock, I'll assure people that the screen resolution is more than adequate and it ensures the phone performs well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo